MAC exhaust

A_+

Reaction score
So I've been having clearance issues since day one! I thought it was the shitty pipes that came with the car. Yesterday I got a deal on a lightly used O/R H-pipe so I was pretty excited about the swap.....until I laid the two systems next to each other! They look to be the exact damn exhaust system....but I digress , has anyone had a problem with this system hitting the crossmember?! I looks like the pipe is not bent in the correct places. The pipe needs to go in more.
d002cb5486fa65441e8d8d5331e8cf24.jpg

fran5o

Reaction score
Ya you have to message them a little bit. I had to rap on my Mac pro chamber pipe with a hammer at that cross member point on the drivers side. Just put a slight dent in it.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
I sent MAC an email and asked if they were aware of their shitty design. You can imagine my displeasure when I noticed that I purchased the same F'ing exhaust.....I wish their shit pipes had some type of shit markings or #s

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Mac has TERRIBLE TERRIBLE fitment. Stay miles away, i had there o/r h and catback and they both fit like ass.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
If they don't reply to my email by Tuesday, I'll be calling them just to let them know how shitty there shit is....

lutter94

Reaction score
My longtube headers had the right O2 sensor wedged against the AODE tranny pan. It lived, but i wasn't happy about it. It fits a lot better with a T5 in its place.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
My longtube headers had the right O2 sensor wedged against the AODE tranny pan. It lived, but i wasn't happy about it. It fits a lot better with a T5 in its place.
Most headers are meant for manual transmission only... Unless they specifically say they're for auto..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

lutter94

Reaction score
These definitely advertised they fit an automatic. They fit great other than that o2 bung. And it could have easily been turned up ward

94yellow50

Reaction score
My mac longtubes fit pretty well also. But I will say I wish driver side o2 bung faced towards passenger side instead if towards outside of car. Also I think the x that came off with the shorties was a mac n it was really close to the cross member also..

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
I emailed them and they replied with, " how can we help you" I let them know what was going on, they have yet to reply.....I'm gonna call them...

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Lol. Better yet, the BBB. I had to put my car down because it seems like the clutch went out over night but when I do start tearing it apart, I'll be sure to give our buddy MAC another buzz...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what are you expecting them to do? Do you think they are going to suddenly realize that they do not fit perfect and do a complete redesign from your call? Save you time and energy and if you had just got a hammer out and clearance them like everyone else does you would have had it back on the car already.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
what are you expecting them to do? Do you think they are going to suddenly realize that they do not fit perfect and do a complete redesign from your call? Save you time and energy and if you had just got a hammer out and clearance them like everyone else does you would have had it back on the car already.

I'm pretty sure everyone was just joking.
Who's the "bottom of the barrel", Pypes or Mac?

That's all I have to say about that.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score

I don't expect them to do anything. Sending them an email was just my friendly way of letting them know that they have a piece of shit product. I reinstalled my previously bent and banged up h-pipe but now the car doesn't move because the Spec clutch went out.

spazz

Reaction score
I have a complete MAC exhaust (long tubes, pro chamber, etc.) and mine fit perfectly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online