MAC straight shot -or- C&L trueflow

js98cobra

Reaction score
both websites claim that their MAF forward kits produce the most hp.. any opinions? i want to get an intake kit that includes a new MAF, a new filter assembly with heat shield.. what should i get?

stampede3

Reaction score
Neither!

Id give you my Pro-M for a stock one if I wouldn't have had it tuned already.

Whitepony

Reaction score
I am also considering getting a CAI.

JLT intake = Cheaper, $155 on mustangtuning.com, one of the best intakes for performance and has a 4inch tube. However it looks like an intake i could build myself at home depot and it looks like crappy quality, but i have never seen one in person.

K&N = your safest bet, around $175, good performance, but dont listen to the dyno tests on there website because its tested on a 1999 PI mustang not an SN95. Has good looks, i only wish they came with orange reducers like in the photos. I just yesterday installed one on a 96 chevy tahoe. I like K&N because they shape the intake for best air flow.

C&L = This is an okay intake, however some mustang magazine had a project car (96 mustang gt) called red headed stepchild or something and they said that it only gave them about 3 rwhp and thats with a MAF kit from C&L also. Another thing to consider would be that the metal tube could be louder and become heat up the air.

MAC = I'v not herd much about this, looks like its all for show to me.

OR: untill your ride needs more air, just pop in a K&N filter and take off the air silencer :)

Maybe this helps you a bit.

Whitepony

Reaction score
lol i did not read your post very well haha. well if you want a MAF intake system then yeah go with C&L

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online