mac water pump pulley hits!!!!!!

94pacecar435

Reaction score
i got some mac pulleys for my cobra from a local speed shop.i got some 94 ones the guy said they were supposed to fit but the water pulley hits on the dampner. whats going on :dunno: also how do u guys take out the alternator one??i only installed the crank one and felt no gains :dunno:

97WhitePony

Reaction score
well not too sure about your clearance issue, but for the alternator, youll need an impact... leave the belt on the pully... put the impact to the alternator nut and have at it... same way with installing it back

ryclef331

Reaction score
I don't have MAC on mine. I used ASP but are you sure they are for a 94-95. Not 100% sure but I think it MAY make a difference. You said you have just the crank pulley on...are you 100% positive that its lining up with the other pullies as far as spacing in and out? Just something to check.

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
no its of a 94 -95 because the fox one are way wider.the 96+ have the balancer buit on them. what we did though we put some washers inside the water pump pulley and it fits.it wobbles barely when in park. also i had to get another belt from autozone, it needed to be 1'' longer to fit.other than that now that i got the water pump pulley i felt the difference.

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
there was no way in hell the stock one would fit.i had the tensioner all the way back and there was ways to go.we went to autozone got one that was 1 '' longer and it fit perfect.also the water pump pulley was scraping against the harmonic balancer.prolly 1/16th of an inch barely anything.we just used washers and it solved the problem.can it be a mac issue :dunno:. oh and it was 94-95 pulleys part # 2495 red powdercoated.

97vertstang

Reaction score
yeah i helped him and i cant understand how we are the first ones?? i doubt the gt and cobras are different there???

jimgt95

Reaction score
94pacecar435 said:
what we did though we put some washers inside the water pump pulley and it fits.it wobbles barely when in park.

It wobbles!!? It won't last long if there is ANY movement whatsever. Those pullies need to be tightened down properly.

Or, did you mean that the pulley is tight but there is a slight misalignment with the belt?

I have Ford underdrives on my 95 GT and everything lined up right.

97vertstang

Reaction score
no, it wobbles a little, but if i take out the washers and thighten it down properly it hits against the harmanic balancer. :dunno:

wytstang

Reaction score
Some things up that is not normal to have to get a longer belt and need washers.

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
aftermarket balancer?? i dont know :dunno: thats how i got the car.and yeah we used washers that we had laying around so that why it wobbles.we're going to go home depot and get 4 equal washers to even it out. are the Cobras and GTs different in pulleys or something that may had cause all of this??

ryclef331

Reaction score
Check you balancer. If you have a stocker with some high milage on it...it might be about to take a shit on you. grab the counterweight and see if you can wiggle it. If you can...that might be your problem

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online