Mach 1

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Monster Mach said:
i dont make less power lol.. i worded that wrong.. the aluminum block can only withstand i believe 550 hp.. the iron block will put out ALOT more.. and race a mach vs a 02 cobra.. the 02 cobra will win... its got iron vs the aluminum block of most machs

You need to go double check your facts. The aluminum teksid is well known for holding in excess of 1000hp, and the WAP is good for 800hp+.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
NXcoupe said:
Huh, that's a new one on me. So what years did they put this 'R' block in the Mach's? Was it an option or luck of the draw? Where do you look on the car to see this R?

to find the "R" you can look at the VIN of any 03-04 Mach 1 ever produced, because that is the engine code for the 305hp Aluminum DOHC normal Mach 1 engine

this guy's Mach 1 is no different than any other 03/04 Mach 1

atrainsgt

Reaction score
atlanticblue98 said:
NXcoupe said:
Huh, that's a new one on me. So what years did they put this 'R' block in the Mach's? Was it an option or luck of the draw? Where do you look on the car to see this R?

to find the "R" you can look at the VIN of any 03-04 Mach 1 ever produced, because that is the engine code for the 305hp Aluminum DOHC normal Mach 1 engine

Haha that's hilarious you should say that. I just told that to Duffy.

watman02

Reaction score
I did hear somthing about the computers in the machs that one was better than the other but i cant remember what the codes were anybody eles hered of this?

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
watman02 said:
I did hear somthing about the computers in the machs that one was better than the other but i cant remember what the codes were anybody eles hered of this?

the Mach 1's with manual transmissions are better than the ones with auto's.

the manual's have 8 bolt forged cranks and the Auto's have 6 bolt cast cranks.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
atlanticblue98 said:
watman02 said:

Hes talking computers IE ECM or PCM and your (Ryan) talking about Cranks.... im confused :dontknow:

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
atlanticblue98 said:
watman02 said:

Hes talking computers IE ECM or PCM and your (Ryan) talking about Cranks.... im confused :dontknow:

i read his post too fast and didnt see "computers".

Shame302

Reaction score
If its a r code block you will have forged internals and have a iron block.. in which case you can put MORE power to it.. but chances of you getting a r code block are rare.. i searched for months for mine...
LOL WHAT? Are you referring to R code 03-04 Mach 1's? If so your quite misinformed. No 03-04 Mach 1 got Iron block, or forged internals. They are so rare that they do not exist. ONLY the 03-04 SVT Cobra received the combo, and there's no way a mistake was made where a mach could have received the cobra short block either.

isnt a mach 1 motor just a 99 cobra motor?
No. The blocks, heads, cams, intakes etc are all different as well as other smallish details.

iron block.... More power More durable Cheaper to fix.. .
Aluminum Block.... Less power.. Less durable more expensive to mod in the long run...

Ill go iron cheesy

Aluminum less power? how do you figure this out. A, all things equal the aluminum block will be faster in the car because of weight advantage alone. They also shed head more efficiently where as iron retains it. Less durable? Depending on power level this just isn't a factor. WAP is good for a great deal of power and a Teksid will hang over 1000 HP and still be lighter. Ability to support power well above streetable levels are a moot point.

If ford didn't drop the contract with Teksid in 01 thinking they could produce their own blocks, the 03-04 cobras would likely have the Teksid blocks. None of the testing showed blocks as being the weak point, it was the powder rods and pistons. Cost was the reason the Terminators have iron blocks.
03-04
and vin.. luck of the draw really...
Got any documentation or evidence proving this? ALL Mach 1s are "R" code cars. the R designates the car as a Mach 1 package and more specifically the aluminum N.A. 4.6 DOHC engine.

Ill take the aluminum block. When you can prove to me you make less power with forged internals and the SAME internals that arent then we can talk.

Also while your at it prove that a cast cank cant withold just about any power level (with in reason and short of a blower then we can talk then too. Tim Matherly runs a cast crank in his Real Street Car....
Duffy, If both engines are the same (Im speaking strictly naturally aspirated here) save for one has a cast crank, production powder rods and pistons and the other has a forged steel crank, forged rods and forged pistons the NON FORGED engine will potentially put down more power but in the big picture, real world out perform the forged counter part. The rotating is MUCH lighter and if well balanced will spin very high, rev faster (spin up quicker, rather).

the aluminum block can only withstand i believe 550 hp...
You believe, or you know?

and race a mach vs a 02 cobra.. the 02 cobra will win... its got iron vs the aluminum block of most machs
What with us being in the states, there were no 2002 cobras, and the 100 or so aussi cobras had the same 320hp N.A. aluminum 4.6 DOHC engine the 01 cobras had. Well, I have no idea what the heck your talking about. Further more, the 03-04 Mach 1 stock for stock consistently out performs 99-01 and presumably so the aussi 2002 cobra.

Lets reiterate. 99-02 cobra NA aluminum block. 03-04 Mach 1 Na aluminum block. No iron in either.

well sorry to tell you in 2002 they made close to 1200 cobra's that were Labeled as 2001's but were in fact 02's
Negative bud. That doesn't even make sense. Had that technically been true, the model would have been unchanged from the 01 model year anyway.

Tis the truth. Its the "R" that makes a Mach 1 a Mach 1 on paper.

Well THAT was a fun first post. Hopefully i don't get the axe because of it. :tongue3:

destructo

Reaction score
chrome_badge_typeR.jpg

Shame302

Reaction score
so knowbody know of a diffenece in pcm's???
Id be lying if i said that i never heard such a thing but i for the life of me can't recall what the differences were. Its fairly likely that whatever the differences were, they existed in the factory tune. Most guys go with a custom dyno tune eventually anyway. The only obvious differences would be the manual trans ecm vs the auto.

Any gains or advantages you might get from swapping a computer probably aren't worth the time, cost, and hassle of dealing with the PATS anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online