Mach 460 causing battery drain?

GreenRob

Reaction score
I heard that the Mach 460 can fail in a way that causes the battery to drain. My car has been killing batteries for a few years. I assumed it was the hack job on my radio harness. Any of you electrical gurus have any advice? I'm in the middle of replacing my body harness, so I think I could potentially test any sort of wiring flaw.

Thanks
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes it has become a problem over the years. Easiest way to test it is to disconnect the amps when you park it and see if it isn't better over night then.

kaveman

Reaction score
I had the same problem last year. If I let it sit for more than a week the battery would be dead. Turned out there was a short in drivers side amp in the trunk. Fixed the wiring and its good as new.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

GreenRob

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that and see what happens. Is there a better replacement option that you'd suggest?

OP
OP
G

GreenRob

Reaction score
Nothin crazy... I am installing a jvc head unit. I'm not sure if it matters which head unit. Replace ford w aftermarket amps...?

OP
OP
G

GreenRob

Reaction score
there are a million other/better options with the aftermarket, depends on the budget.

I don't want to spend a bunch on it. I already have a new head unit. I guess I'd be willing to spend a few hundred more on the radio.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
probably not needed if it is aftermarket already. Look at some good speakers and you will notice a change.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes its easy too do. There is a hrns in the dash you wire you speaker outputs on the deck too. They you just use the speaker wires that go too the tweeters as your signal wires. You will loose the woofer/tweeter component system unless you replace it with a component system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online