MACH 460 with aftermarket head unit, aftermarket amp and stock speakers?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
as I said above there is a harness(bypass harness) that connects to the front amps speaker output. By disconnecting it and wiring into it you can connect your radios outputs to the tweeters signal wire and easily bypass all the amps.

Tturaider

Reaction score
Can you explain what you mean about wiring to the front of mach amp?
Unplug both cables to the front mach amp behind the radio unit. You will see one of the cables plugs into the metra adapting harness which you then wire to the speaker wires on the aftermarket deck harness.

Does that make sense?

OP
OP
R

robster94gt

Reaction score
Yes, I want to connect the sub speakers to the sub out on a Kenwood excelon 5 channel. Not clear on which wires in the harness are connected to them.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if we are on the same page that now the deck, speakers and the stock amps are all being replaced they yes I am pretty sure they will fit and work but double check for some reason I thought the rear verts were 5.25"

Tturaider

Reaction score
if we are on the same page that now the deck, speakers and the stock amps are all being replaced they yes I am pretty sure they will fit and work but double check for some reason I thought the rear verts were 5.25"
Rear verts I got 6.5 in. The fronts for 5.25 with adapter plate.

OP
OP
R

robster94gt

Reaction score
Ok, so in the rear, I'm thinking maybe a less expensive pair- I've read that the rears don't have be as good as the front. And for sub, I'm hoping that a compact/flat 8 or 10 inch might fit in the area where the mach 460 rear amps are

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it might be easier to look for a 4 channel amp and a self powered sub rather than a 5 channel amp

OP
OP
R

robster94gt

Reaction score
I was looking at a kicker key amp before, because it would fit where the mach front amp did. Why would it be easier to do 4 channel plus powered sub?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
mainly because you are now planning putting both the amp and a small sub enclosure where the amps. There isn't much space back there and the powered subs offer more prepackaged options for small enclosures. I am only guessing you are not wanting to go custom and have a box made to fit back there, or take a truck box and make it fit?

But I also thought you were wanting to put the amp there to make the install easy thinking you were going to use the factory wiring? The power wires will be to small, you will need to run rca's for signal and then that just leaves the speaker wires which I can tell you a trick to make easy as well. With all this being said I would consider mounting the amp somewhere else myself.

OP
OP
R

robster94gt

Reaction score
ok, so I measured the space available behind the seat. The kenwood amp and this pioneer sub should be able to fit on either side of the pump. I will have to raise the pump a bit to fit the sub in, but that shouldn't be a problem. The pump bracket is held in place with 2 bolts.

For front speakers, I'm looking at

For rear, maybe

So I would need a wiring kit and fuse to run to the battery. I guess I would 3 sets of RCAs to run from the deck to the amp.

Is there a way I could tap into the existing speaker wires in the car for the front and rear locations, from the back where the factory amps are? or what would be the easiest way to wire it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010