Madd Motorsports Time Attack and Autocross Build

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So here are the pictures of the water pump and radiator from murray. And man they look pretty good. Lets hope they work as good as they look! this will be my 2nd and 3rd part from murray, 1st being the AC compressor. No problems with the AC in the Southern California summer and blows ice cold! lets see what these products do. and the water pump comes with what looks like 2 gaskets..yay!! how i need a thermostat and thermostat housing!

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So here is the progress now: After getting my car back from the "mechanic", my brake lights/blinkers stopped working. The mechanic insist it wasnt his wrongdoing "probably just a fuse". Popped the fuse and it was blown, ok replaced it and there problem solved. paid him for his work. Went out to eat, and again my brake lights and blinkers dont work. Fuse blown again. and again. and..again. Went online and found that others had issues with this when installing a Steeda adjustable kit. Turns the stock quadrant has this rubber thing and it protects the wire from being rubbed the wrong way by the clutch pedal. So I stuck some duct around around some areas to see what worked. I put duct tape around the upper part of the pedal and boom it worked, for a little bit till it blew again. So i went looking for it and found it. Found the wire, taped it and moved it. No more blown fuses (knock on wood). 80 miles later my brand new clutch began slipping..great. Called back the dude, and he said it was the clutch and not his work. I told him no it wasnt adjusted right, he said it was, and to bring it over and hell check it out. But it was slipping sooooo dam much i couldnt even drive it! He said he will come over my house that saturday and he will fix it. So i started adjusting the cable myself from the firewall, it got waaaaay better. Took it to work and bam, slipping hard again. Called him back to tell him im coming over now. 5 missed calls and a voicemail and no call back. So i said f that guy. Got under my dash and saw that the cable was on the hook closet to the floor. GREAT. I crawled under my car and stuck 2 wrenches into the tranny and pulled the clutch fork forward and took out the cable. Put the cable end on the quadrant hook closed to the top, crawled back under and connected it to the clutch fork. and guess what?! NO MORE SLIPPING!!!!. Glad i caught it on time and it didnt mess up my dam clutch. One thing the "mechanic" did good was telling me my water pump is leaking, thermostat housing is leaking, and radiator is broken/leaking.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
flash forward to last week. Went to oreilly and got the water pump and radiator thats shown above. AWESOME! Called my friend up to come help me. He came Saturday morning while i was at work and started on it. Got home and he told me they gave me the wrong radiator and water pump. OHHHH BOOY. Went back to get the correct one. They brought up the "right one". First thing i noticed that it was sooo heavy. Opened it. It was misboxed. Next radiator will come on Monday. Told him to call others and see if they have it. They did went to go pick it up, got the right pump, a 192* thermostat, silcone and a thermostat housing gasket. Came back for him to tell me that i was lucky the bolts didnt break in there. The bolts where almost stripped. It was the factory pump! hasnt been touched. Guess Ford screwed up. Went back to oreilly's to look for bolts. They had one that was tooo short. Got them anyway. Went back and connected everything. The Murray water pump and radiator fit perfectly! and good pieces too. Cleaned up the bolts and saw that they were actually useable. Cleaned up the bolts and tried to clean the bolt holes from the block. I bought that tool to clean it. The stupid cleaner had the right size printed (5/16-18) but man was it thicker. That didnt work so we had to screw in and screw out a bolt as an attempt to clean it. Finally got it decent. Put everything in tightened, filled it up and ran the car. So far sooo goood.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
2ms23a8.jpg

2euj23t.jpg

348km5e.jpg

illmbn.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my BBK ceramic coated unequal shorties with stage 8 locking bolts. I will post a video to show the difference in exhaust note, hopefully by the weekend :p

2j0e03o.jpg

2yuhg5i.jpg

3029x0y.jpg

r7okn9.jpg

zwgwg0.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
SOOOOOOO..i backed in to far and hit a walll....ouch...need new tips:(

34iobw2.jpg

mkwrxj.jpg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is the wall okay?

Lol, i kid. Those tips were due for an upgrade anyway.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
But on the bright side, i am getting some subframes :D ordered them today, should be in by wednesday. and have my subframes and new tips installed the same time :)

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Go with double wall tips, they won't bend like that. Unless you try hard enough of course.

Caboose302

Reaction score
Damn you've done more with your car in 2 months than I have in two years lol. Nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.