OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
SLP double walled 3.5"

Should be a no brainer lol

Lol ive thought of that, but its weird to me having a magnaflow catback with slp tips. thats like having a ford motor in a chevy or vice versa. Just messes up the harmony man x)

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Lol ive thought of that, but its weird to me having a magnaflow catback with slp tips. thats like having a ford motor in a chevy or vice versa. Just messes up the harmony man x)
I'm running magnaflows in a slp cat back lol. Nothing better than that sound with slp looks!

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I'm running magnaflows in a slp cat back lol. Nothing better than that sound with slp looks!

OHHH youre a daredevil! haha unfortunately i ordered the tips prior to the whole double walled conversation:(.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Here is a picture i posted up on facebook you might of seen it :)

eiqjqo.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Guess what came in today :D

29aya37.jpg

Thats right my subframes:p

317jjbp.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Going to buy some black anti-rust paint in a can and spray them as soon as they are done welding. Also going to get my tips installed too woot woot :D

What should be next? PHB?TA?CO?Wing? whatcha think?

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Paint the subframes before you install them. Otherwise, the top surface, touching the bottom of the car, never gets coated. It's easy enough to grind away the paint in the areas that will be welded.

Other than that, what should you do next? Fix that weird ticking you are experiencing. Then, yes, torque arm/panhard bar would be awesome.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Paint the subframes before you install them. Otherwise, the top surface, touching the bottom of the car, never gets coated. It's easy enough to grind away the paint in the areas that will be welded.

Other than that, what should you do next? Fix that weird ticking you are experiencing. Then, yes, torque arm/panhard bar would be awesome.

so im not the only one that hears it!!!. What can it be? I have no idea where to start? Im thinking its the fuel injectors...but...idk

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So im getting my Subframes all prepped and ready for the muffler shop to install. but first i gotta do some banging on the bottom of the car to ensure the subframes fit properly before i go have them welded. Lets see what trouble i have down there.
34rb1ue.jpg

2zz2f0x.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Just got my subframes installed woot woot!! big difference in handling! i dont feel the body sway anymore. Definitely a good buy. Got home and sprayed some anti-rust in a can :p. hopefully i can go out to a canyon this weekend and see what the difference is

2i1miqg.jpg

14v71w8.jpg

293fvpl.jpg

DavidBoren

Reaction score
I like how fast things happen in this build. Definitely let us know your impressions after the canyon cruise. I have heard chassis braces make a night and day difference, even on a stock suspension.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I like how fast things happen in this build. Definitely let us know your impressions after the canyon cruise. I have heard chassis braces make a night and day difference, even on a stock suspension.

Ohh definitely will do a review on this. On onramps it is more stable. Before i was able to do the onramp exiting at almost 40 before the tires squeal. Now i can do it at about 45, but im definitely starting to feel the my stock suspension outperforming my tires. Either that or they need a little bit more warming up. Car has some understeer though. tires are Hankook's Ventus V2 Concept2 A/S tires. rear are Firestone Wide oval indy 500 summer tires

Heres how the on ramp looks. I work where the red pin is at

fwt00m.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Buuuutttt...noooow. I am having a little issue. So good news, i have no exhaust leaks. next thing to do is check if the injectors are ticking. I doubt theres an vacuum leak. but who knows.

New problem. I am starting to have lots and lots of vibrations. WHen i turn on the car i can feel it vibrant alot. When i take off vibrants alot. and only in 1st gear. So im guessing its either bad motor mounts, considering the fact that they havent been replaced and i have a poly tranny mount. or other theory is clutch chatter. Im going to try and adjust the clutch see what that does. I doubt its the subframes doing all that vibrations. they might amplify it, but definitely not cause it.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
look at the harmonic balancer for wobbling or rubber squeeze out.

hmmmm..can it be out of wack considering i just replaced my water pump? I determined it isnt clutch chatter because it does it in neutral as well. It is pretty bad at about 1000-1750 RPM, higher than that it starts to smooth out a little, but still vibrants alot.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
You might just be noticing vibrations that were always there due to the added rigidity of the chassis with the subframe connectors installed. But I would imagine that the vibrations would be present all across the rpm range. It could also be your motor mounts, and you didn't notice until the chassis braces were installed. Motor mounts would be a relatively cheap and easy thing to replace in your quest to eliminate these new vibrations. Plus, it's usually a good idea to upgrade your motor mounts anyways.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
You might just be noticing vibrations that were always there due to the added rigidity of the chassis with the subframe connectors installed. But I would imagine that the vibrations would be present all across the rpm range. It could also be your motor mounts, and you didn't notice until the chassis braces were installed. Motor mounts would be a relatively cheap and easy thing to replace in your quest to eliminate these new vibrations. Plus, it's usually a good idea to upgrade your motor mounts anyways.

hmm true. but im gonna do some test tomorrow see what i find hopefully its just the subframes and not something big

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
SOoooooo...after many test and observations, i concluded that the steering column might be lose. how did i come to that? Motor doesnt move abnormally, pulleys dont move abnormally, tranny doesnt not move or vibrant abnormally, passenger can not feel the vibrations. Only the driver does, and only on the steering wheel.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ok so looking at it even closer, the harmonic balancer is in fact wobbly. So i went ahead and ordered a new one, as well as some solid motor mounts. Should be coming in by thursday and get it installed on the weekend.

Also i noticed that the special carbon fiber s281 prices are going up. soooo....i bought one of those too. Should be coming in soon considering the warehouse is 2 hours away from me. I will post of pictures when i can

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online