Madd Motorsports Time Attack and Autocross Build

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So i got my 50oz ford racing harmonic balancer, and MM solid motor mounts on thursday. and got them installed today. Took the shop about 2 hours or so to complete. And let me say, this is the best! It feels sooooo dam good absolutely no vibration whats so ever, revv's nicely, it feels like a effin new car!! seriously, i was driving my girlfriend's mom's 2013 honda accord, and it feels almost as good as that! just with more torque, louder, and less MPG hahaha. but seriouisly it is worth $280 i spent. (thats parts and labor)

ej8x85.jpg

33ttk3n.jpg

16jj96u.jpg

29axzxv.jpg

14lijbm.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
This is me crashing a Nissan Z meet at our local speedzone because i couldnt drive my '94 without needing my teeth to be refilled from all the chipping. (my friend owns that 1970 240z)

28k0n4.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Sooooo what is next you ask? because i know you guys are dying to know...I have a SCF S281 wing and some moog inner tierod ends coming in on monday. going to install the spoiler maybe that weekend (or sooner), and then start stock piling some suspension parts and install them all at once. I already have x2 balljoints, R&P poly bushings, and soon the inner ties. What im going to be getting soon is MM sport valved struts and shocks, front and rear coilover kits, PHB/TA, and CC plates. that should complete my suspension needs for a while. after that is wheels/tires for both street (18x9 18x11 with azenis 265/35 315/30) and track (toyo r888 275/35/18), after that im going to finish off my cosmetics, do some work on the 72 and start getting go fast "mods" again. :D

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
This is me crashing a Nissan Z meet at our local speedzone because i couldnt drive my '94 without needing my teeth to be refilled from all the chipping. (my friend owns that 1970 240z)

28k0n4.jpg

I love that car, I rarely see this year around in ohio anymore man. The progress sounds great so far, keep it up!!
As far as the s281 wing, I can honestly say that is my favorite appearance mod so far on my car. Post some pics of the progress when you finish it up!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I'm glad to here a good review of the solid mounts! Im going to get some for my car also. This thing is coming along nicely!

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I love that car, I rarely see this year around in ohio anymore man. The progress sounds great so far, keep it up!!
As far as the s281 wing, I can honestly say that is my favorite appearance mod so far on my car. Post some pics of the progress when you finish it up!

Thank you sir. Not to many 71-73 around, and definetely not much that are "resto-moded".

the s281 wing is the best one i think for this body style. I can wait to see how it looks along with other "mods" i am going to do.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I'm glad to here a good review of the solid mounts! Im going to get some for my car also. This thing is coming along nicely!

Ya man even the mechanic was surprised how smooth it felt. But he said if it was auto (i have a 5 speed) it might vibrate more. So thats something to possibly consider.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
welll..if it isnt one thing, its another. My driver side power window motor went out. dammit. Looks like thats going to get ordered and installed this weekend. Along with my s281 wing thats coming in.

Where do they sell good power window motors?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
welll..if it isnt one thing, its another. My driver side power window motor went out. dammit. Looks like thats going to get ordered and installed this weekend. Along with my s281 wing thats coming in.

Where do they sell good power window motors?

Id start by checking your local junk yard, i found some for other vehicles in the past. Usually grab two of them and end up paying around 15 bucks. Worth it for a backup too.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The motor not working does not mean its the motor that's bad. The way the switches are wired up, if it looses connection in one spot it looses all operation. You need to take the door panel off and test for voltage or you could put a new motor in and it will still not work.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Id start by checking your local junk yard, i found some for other vehicles in the past. Usually grab two of them and end up paying around 15 bucks. Worth it for a backup too.

i checked some Junk yards in my area over the weekend and they have completely stripped sn95's...dam savages...

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I have always had pretty good luck on ebay for window motors.

i actually didnt find any on ebay, had to go to amazon and ordered both driver and passeger from Addco..or some poop like that.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
The motor not working does not mean its the motor that's bad. The way the switches are wired up, if it looses connection in one spot it looses all operation. You need to take the door panel off and test for voltage or you could put a new motor in and it will still not work.

I know absolutely nothing about wiring..the only thing i have done was put an aftermarket headunit...please advise on what wires i should be testing? The passenger window switch on the driver side (if that makes sense) works fun and the window goes up and down. But just not my drivers side. Also before it went out, i heard a pretty hard thump. dont know what that means

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
On another note:

I got my special carbon fiber S281 wing today! woot woot and my moog inner tie rod ends.

The wing took a while to ship. i literally live about 2 hours from SCF and it took them almost a full week to get to me (6 days to be exact). and also the wing itself loooks pretty dam good. extremely light. only complain really is that it had some minor imperfections. A bubble in the paint, underside of the wing wasnt painted tooo good and can see some white spots. and on the upside of the wing, it looked like 2 clawed baby wolverine slashed it. I will see how the fitment is this weekend when i install it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson