MAF question

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by 2broke2gofast, Jul 8, 2007.

1. 2broke2gofast

2broke2gofast Member

Finally getting around to upgrading my fuel system on my 95. My question is, can I run a Lightning MAF with 30lb injectors. Any help or suggestions on the mass air would be helpful, thanks

2. Passenger

Passenger Well-Known Member

The 90mm L MAF and 42#'s go very well together from what I understand.

3. ripper

ripper Well-Known Member

Ive got a 90 sct and 42's

4. 2broke2gofast

2broke2gofast Member

I've got Afr 165 heads, small cam, and intake, plus the usual bolt on stuff and exhaust. Been running on stock fuel for the past year, and havent had any problems, but I'd like to spray or supercharge in the near future. I don't think I'll need the 42's so can anyone suggest a 30lb set up for the 95

5. 2broke2gofast

2broke2gofast Member

Another question. When talking about a "lightning" maf. A we talking ford lightning, as in the truck, and will it communicate with the 95 computer? Thanks again

6. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

It will NOT talk to the ecu. You can however make it work. You need to get an adapter pigtail for the harness to plug into the lightning maf and you'll have to have the car tuned immediately. It probably won't even run without one. It can and has been done but I'd just assume plug in an off the shelf cal'd maf from Pro-M or Granetelli, knowing that it close and then tuner won't have much of a problem with it.