Magnapacks came in.

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
I did my radiator today, it was chilly so I wasted the morning waiting for it to warm up
So burned most of the day.
Tomorrow if things are well, I'll jack up the rear and get to work.

Very excited to get some real sound out.

OP
OP
Leo 5.0

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Mine should be close if not the same as this
[video=youtube;_7xIYZ1m6pI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xIYZ1m6pI[/video]

Call me weird, but the moment I found this video, I dropped the cash about a minute later on AM.

Mustanger

Reaction score
LOL....I DO love those! In fact it sounds just like mine! Especially since I just got the off road H pipe installed today, already had the Magnapacks! What a great addition to our cars makes it so much fun to drive yet at freeway speeds it still allows my wife & I to hold a conversation...I got two thumbs up on the way home through town. I'll have to make a video too to see if I can detect any difference between my old 5.0 & your 4.6.

OP
OP
Leo 5.0

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Yeah after a post or two here, countless nights on youtube, and forum lurking, I decided on them.
I wanted presence, not 100% of the time loud.
It should still be noticeable at start up and around town, but on those back roads...It should rip.

It's deep, and has a lovely tone.

As I mentioned earlier I'd been leaning this way, but that video sold me.

OP
OP
Leo 5.0

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
By the way mustanger, wheel size and lowering springs?

I love that stance.

Trying to finalize my ride plans so I can do my suspension.
I already decided on 17x8 and 17x10.5 bullitts(yep me and everyone else..except here where I live!)

But trying to find that perfect look. If I lived elsewhere I'd slam it.
But I'm out in the country now. So being mindful of snow, dips, bumps, everything else that is rampant here.

joekd

Reaction score
I had a catted X and magnapacks on my GT, was pretty much a perfect sound

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
I want a loud and mean sounding 5.0 but i still need my cats. I have the magnaflow 4 cat x pipe. Im not sure to go with magnapacks or slp 1's because the slp's would be louder, and considering i have 4 cats probably would be better? I currently have the regular magnaflows and they sound mean but no where as loud lol.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I just took my cats off for a bit of fun....BUT with the factory cats & Magnapacks it was just fine!!! You get the head turning aggressive deep tone we all want and at WOT my wife could hear me coming for blocks still. It sounds so good at idle & mellows out to a soothing rumble on the freeway. I will put cats back when I need to with no real regrets. I like being legal with no worries & this is a perfect combo.

With the off road midpipe it is LOUD at WOT & a ton of fun I got THREE thumbs up driving the 2 miles home after the install yesterday! It barks sharply at startup or with any rev but quiets down for cruising through town nicely. It will not attract more cops attention if you short shift & ease the throttle IMO just about the same as before...and actually quieter at 70 mph in fifth OD than with the cats!! (Until you touch the throttle in the slightest!1 Hehe

Hey LEO thanks for the compliment!! I have the Eibach ProKIt Plus springs & all Ford Isos in. It dropped me 1.5" all the way around & seems like a great stance to me too...I get a lot of questions about it. The Wheels are Staggered 17" (9" front & 10.5" rear) running 275's front & 315's in back.

OP
OP
Leo 5.0

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Nice!
I was looking at eibach for the full suspension setup.
999 isn't bad for everything, and saves on mixing and matching.
Last question off topic. But was there an issue with the eibach ISOs that come with it?
1.5 is about as low as I want to go. And it looks great.

As for sound, just waiting for it to warm up a bit..39 isn't what I call comfortable under a car.
Sun's out, but waiting for heat haha

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I want a loud and mean sounding 5.0 but i still need my cats. I have the magnaflow 4 cat x pipe. Im not sure to go with magnapacks or slp 1's because the slp's would be louder, and considering i have 4 cats probably would be better? I currently have the regular magnaflows and they sound mean but no where as loud lol.

If your gonna spend $200 on SLPs, spend $50 and have straight pipe put on in place of your current mufflers. SLP's are just straight tubing, and honestly on 5.0s don't sound too good.. I had the MAC Flowpaths with the stock 4 catted H pipe, was pretty bassy and aggressive. But honestly dude, if your set on SLPs, buy a set of dynomax race bullets (small tubing mufflers) for like $45 a piece and have em welded on, or just have straight pipes put on.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
If your gonna spend $200 on SLPs, spend $50 and have straight pipe put on in place of your current mufflers. SLP's are just straight tubing, and honestly on 5.0s don't sound too good.. I had the MAC Flowpaths with the stock 4 catted H pipe, was pretty bassy and aggressive. But honestly dude, if your set on SLPs, buy a set of dynomax race bullets (small tubing mufflers) for like $45 a piece and have em welded on, or just have straight pipes put on.

I love the sound of the magnapacks, but they are too quiet for me. If i had an o/r mid pipe i would not even consider the slp1's and have done magnapacks. But i have 4 cats and slps are probably my best best. They sound bad with no cats as its just noise lol.

Oh and straight pipe and slp 1's differ because the slps are hallow while straight pipes are just straight through.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I love the sound of the magnapacks, but they are too quiet for me. If i had an o/r mid pipe i would not even consider the slp1's and have done magnapacks. But i have 4 cats and slps are probably my best best. They sound bad with no cats as its just noise lol.

Oh and straight pipe and slp 1's differ because the slps are hallow while straight pipes are just straight through.

I hear ya. Honestly though, SLP 1's have very little baffles. [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] can back me up on that, IIRC he has the LM1's. Why not take 2 cats off?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I have the magnaflow x pipe. It has 4 cats. I had an h pipe with 2 cats but it got damaged because of scrapping lol.

Lmao ah.... I'm guessing you get checked for emissions right? Glad I don't, longtubes, no cats, egr, smog pump.. lol

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

SLPs and no cats only sounds like noise on pushrods. Modulars sound insane with them.

I'll take a video of mine pretty soon. Oh & magnapacks sound great too imo. But they just aren't pissed off enough for me.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Good choice on the magnapacks. Just ordered them for the mach. Can't wait for the video. IMO slp's sound like butt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online