Mail order tunes

d.garza18

Reaction score
Okay, I’m going to be slapping my motor together real soon if things keep going good. Anyways the builds close to stock, and staying n/a. And just for safety measures to cover my butt, I would feel more comfortable getting the car tuned. Now a dyno tune would be great but I’m opened to a mail ordered tune. I’ve read mix reviews on them, but with my build I feel like it’d do fine. Does anyone know anyone who does them? What do they run? And how do I load the tune to the car? The tuning aspect is very fresh to me.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
canned tunes can be ok, but they can also not be. I tried bama years ago and all my options for the head/cam swap were in their drop down menus so I figured they have done it before, no problem doing it again. The tune ran HORRIBLE and was backfiring and making your eyes water from the exhaust and I then limped it in and I even though I didn't want to I paid for a tune and then it drove perfect from then on. It was an expensive lesson.

TrickVert

Reaction score
My suggestion: Go to your local tuner with all your specs, and have them burn you a baseline tune that will get you to the shop, then let them dyno-tune it right. There are many variables in how an engine runs and responds to changes, and mail-order tunes have to make a lot of assumptions.

tvsn95

Reaction score
Get with Pops racing and tell Adam what you have and ask What you will need, he can remote tune real time. then burn a chip and be done with it.

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
Get with Pops racing and tell Adam what you have and ask What you will need, he can remote tune real time. then burn a chip and be done with it.
Do you have some contact info?

OP
OP
d.garza18

d.garza18

Reaction score
I agree 100% with the dyno tune. But all the components in my build are stock, compression will be in the 11s, truck pistons, and grinded pi cams, on 93 pump gas

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't even get into the pistons on mine it was just a simple trickflow head/cam and a cobra intake but it ran horrible with the canned tune. Now with my holley I have done a different type of remote tuning where I grant access to my laptop while its connected to the holley hp so the tuner can see live data and had good results with this. The difference is that he can see live what is happening to the AFR and make live adjustments. In a canned tune you will need the ability to data log and then send it and they can make an adjustment that they hope corrects it. If you do not have the ability to data log then its just a guessing game.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Shoot Blankenship tuning. Let him know what you got going on. Chances are he can figure something out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.