Make and model tax

shovel

Reaction score
If you own a mustang you need to pay the tax.. post a picture of your car somewhere on the internet and before long some chuckler is going to crack wise about your "crowd killer" or tell you to stay away from cars & coffee.
Got a Fiat and periodically somebody will say "fix it again Tony".. that's the Fiat tax. Not a lot of them around anymore but if you had a Bronco II or a Pinto you'd be paying the tax by having to hear knuckleheads warn you about explosions or roll-over danger.

What other Mustang taxes are there? What other car make/model taxes?

joemomma

Reaction score
I remember when I bought my '99 (new), folks would ask me if it was a V8. I'd be like yeah, it's a GT. So it's a V8? Yes, 4.6L V8. You sure that's a V8? How many cubes is that?

OP
OP
shovel

shovel

Reaction score
Hah, yeah the ol "It's my job to approve your engine or dismiss you if it doesn't meet my approval!"

b1pig

Reaction score
"JEEP"....
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

If you own a Jeep, you tend to be either rich or broke....
Or started rich and ended up broke... but with a built Jeep.
Unless you bought it built, in which case you suck.

Been a Mopar owner most of my life. Heard from many a person that they like to "Dodge" the brand, themselves.... :rolleyes:

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
Ford Tax, don't be offened lol.

First on Race Day
Fix or repair daily
Fucked over rebuilt Dodge.

maillemaker

Reaction score
Hah, yeah the ol "It's my job to approve your engine or dismiss you if it doesn't meet my approval!"
I remember when I was 22 I could not afford a GT because of insurance. So, I bought a brand new LX.

I remember sitting in the drive through one day at the window and a few kids came walking across the front to go inside.

They were checking it out and then one of the kids said, "Awww, he ain't got any power."

I was so deflated. :)

Turned 25 in 1995 and bought myself a brand new GT. :)

OP
OP
shovel

shovel

Reaction score
cobra tax = "is it a real Cobra?"

Sort of a relative of this, if you mount some functional Cobra parts on your GT-badged GT because they happen to fit and happen to improve performance, there's always some chuckler trying to make some sort of weird point about how it's bad to make a fake Cobra?

I don't understand what that buys them but I've caught it a couple times IRL

badass98svt

Reaction score
Functional parts yes. Badges, no

Reminds me of this
1678239079713.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online