Making taillights brighter...

The Green GT

Reaction score
I recently found out that when the sun is behinf me my tinted tail lights are dangerously dark.

SO I need to make the lights brighter, or get some of the VHT off.

Ideas?

LED bulbs maybe?

Suspect

Reaction score
sand them down a lil. then clear coat em again.

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
Thats what Im trying to avoid. If there is anyway to make them brighter, Id rather that, cause I love how they currently look.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think he was trying to be a smartass....one of those no show all go kinda guys :dunno:

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
Well I did break one of the snaps on one of the plugs. But they still hook up pretty good.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Just think...if your car dragged the bumper at the track you would still have traction! :hammer:

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
That gives me an idea. Has anyone ever gotten some and rolled it on the tires to get a litle extra traction at the track?

And I might just get some to practice my launches in my driveway. lol.

kspilly

Reaction score
I tried the LED cluster swap in my Cobra tails, and they were not bright at all. The tails are too open, and the LED clusters like to reflect to make nice light. I have the clusters in my Grand Cherokee, and they are really bright, but the tails are not near as open.

As for the VHT on the tires, why not just hook a solenoid and run some lines to you could spray the tires while you're staging? Poeople spray their intercoolers, why not spray the tires...... :dunno:

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
kspilly said:
I tried the LED cluster swap in my Cobra tails, and they were not bright at all. The tails are too open, and the LED clusters like to reflect to make nice light. I have the clusters in my Grand Cherokee, and they are really bright, but the tails are not near as open.

As for the VHT on the tires, why not just hook a solenoid and run some lines to you could spray the tires while you're staging? Poeople spray their intercoolers, why not spray the tires...... :dunno:
Id have to find out how thick this stuff is first.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
The Green GT said:
That gives me an idea. Has anyone ever gotten some and rolled it on the tires to get a litle extra traction at the track?

And I might just get some to practice my launches in my driveway. lol.

Just make sure you are pointed away from the garage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online