making under hood (engine) aluminum parts look better

Lazerred98

Reaction score
Is there any simple way to dress up the cast aluminum parts of the engine other than just having it CLEAN? My engine is very clean, as it was detailed before I bought the car last year. But, I do take the car to shows, and was wondering if there is a simple way to make it pop a little more, especially the cast aluminum parts. I know what to do to the plastic and rubber, but the dull aluminum looks kinda drab. Oh, it is a v6.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You have the choice of sanding/polishing it or painting it or anodizing. There really isn't much in between with cast. everything from the supercharger to the intake was cast and polished. I love the look but hated the action but in the end I can say no years later the juice was worth the squeeze.
ONg0yha.jpg

dwcopple

Reaction score
Research some chemicals that brighten aluminum. Perhaps easy-off oven cleaner? I know there are several cheap OTC products. Meguiars wheel brightener.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
while those do brighten up aluminum by removing the oxide that forms on them they are also a light acid that will hurt paint and may other finishes

dwcopple

Reaction score
Yeah, you can be a douche when using that stuff. Mask off and protect. Do small areas at a time with a wet rinse rag ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online