Manual swap

BigBore96

Reaction score
Iirc they are the same. I cant speak for the yolk as I dont play with autos but I would imagine its the same too.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Sure it drives fine with the auto harness but do your reverse lights work?

Swap the 5 speed harness (just the transmission harness) in there and it makes things easier.

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
What would cause this?
Car drove fine for about 3 miles when it started to warm up the clutch pedal got real heavy and it was like I wasn't pushing it all the way in and it wouldn't let me into gears. When I came to a stop in neutral and tried to put it in first and it wouldn't let me but when I was pushing the handle into first the car would roll forward.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Either the cable is stretched or you have a bad pressure plate.

Try adjusting the pedal. Put your foot under the Pedal and pull up. If it clicks then it adjusted. Try driving and see if it’s better. But I’d say your in for either a new cable or pressure plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
Either the cable is stretched or you have a bad pressure plate.

Try adjusting the pedal. Put your foot under the Pedal and pull up. If it clicks then it adjusted. Try driving and see if it’s better. But I’d say your in for either a new cable or pressure plate.

Has brand new adj cable and Upr quad and firewall adjustor.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Has brand new adj cable and Upr quad and firewall adjustor.

First thing, adjustable cables are garbage. Ask me how I know.

Second thing, make sure you have it adjusted correctly. If not, then it could cause problems.

If no change then go ahead and order a new pressure plate or complete clutch kit. Make sure you get a motorcraft throwout bearing if you do the whole kit. Others won’t last.

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
First thing, adjustable cables are garbage. Ask me how I know.

Second thing, make sure you have it adjusted correctly. If not, then it could cause problems.

If no change then go ahead and order a new pressure plate or complete clutch kit. Make sure you get a motorcraft throwout bearing if you do the whole kit. Others won’t last.

How do I make sure it's adjusted correctly? I think I did it right but I'd like to find out if I'm wrong.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
With the OEM cable, make sure it slides through the sleeve easily. This can make a huge difference.

When this happened to me, it was my clutch fork deciding it no longer wanted to hang out in the trans anymore. It dropped, but I had the same symptoms as you.

Had to pull the trans to fix it.

jjltthomas

Reaction score
I did this swap on my 98. I was daily driving my car at the time, 75 miles one way. When I did the swap, the o/d light flashes and the check engine light comes on. The car will drive though. You’ll need a tune to correct the lights.

Passive anti theft will give you fits. Car probably won’t crank without a tune.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online