Manual to Auto Swap

ctroyer98

Reaction score
Purchasing my second SN95. This one is a 94 GT. Currently has a T5, looking to swap to a built AODE or Built C4. Car will be a street/strip car, mainly strip. Both transmissions will be full manual valve bodies. I know it will need tuned afterward which is not a big issue. I know I will need the basics, (Trans cooler, cross member, Flywheel) If I go AODE do I need to modify where the crossmember is? Is there a off the shelf aluminum driveshaft that will work with the AODE? Anyone make an electric shifter for AODE's?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I think the aode will swap right in to your car because that was the other option for that car. It should use the same crossmember as the t5, and your current driveshaft should work too.

So I’d say, flywheel, cooler, lines, trans, shifter, and you should be set.

What do you mean by electric shifter?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Don't forget an auto ecm & wiring harness.
I believe the ecu can be corrected through tuning. I kept my 98 auto ecu when I did the t45 swap. We just turned off the auto functions. Just can’t go the other way with it. The trans wiring will help but it’s really just for back up lights. The speed sensor connector should plug right in.

95opal

Reaction score
I believe the ecu can be corrected through tuning. I kept my 98 auto ecu when I did the t45 swap. We just turned off the auto functions. Just can’t go the other way with it. The trans wiring will help but it’s really just for back up lights. The speed sensor connector should plug right in.
You can do that when you go auto to manual but not the other way. He will need an auto ecu

Addermk2

Reaction score
You can do that when you go auto to manual but not the other way. He will need an auto ecu
Incorrect. All CBAZA PCM's have the hardware to drive an auto trans. However, unless I read wrong, didnt he say he would be using an MVB?

Addermk2

Reaction score
You need:

Auto pedal assembly (unless youre ok with having a dead clutch pedal
Jumper in the harness where the clutch switch plugs in
Auto trans harness section (not optional if you want all proper functions)
Shifter (Stock wont work unless you cut the trans tunnel extension off and add some sheet metal)
OD Cancel button (momentary)
TCSM to allow lockup and OD with a tune on the stock ECU(unless you wire the functions separately)
Flexplate, transmission, torque converter, cooler lines, cooler.

You can most definitely use the stock ECU, especially since youre going MVB. I went with the FB Performance MVB with brake in my 4R70W.

OP
OP
C

ctroyer98

Reaction score
You need:

Auto pedal assembly (unless youre ok with having a dead clutch pedal
Jumper in the harness where the clutch switch plugs in
Auto trans harness section (not optional if you want all proper functions)
Shifter (Stock wont work unless you cut the trans tunnel extension off and add some sheet metal)
OD Cancel button (momentary)
TCSM to allow lockup and OD with a tune on the stock ECU(unless you wire the functions separately)
Flexplate, transmission, torque converter, cooler lines, cooler.

You can most definitely use the stock ECU, especially since youre going MVB. I went with the FB Performance MVB with brake in my 4R70W.
Yes I will be using a Freddy Brown manual valve body. The only shifter I have found so far is the Winters Performance one. I do have a tuned factory computer and have a competent tuner so that shouldn't be an issue.

wkualum

Reaction score
Purchasing my second SN95. This one is a 94 GT. Currently has a T5, looking to swap to a built AODE or Built C4. Car will be a street/strip car, mainly strip. Both transmissions will be full manual valve bodies. I know it will need tuned afterward which is not a big issue. I know I will need the basics, (Trans cooler, cross member, Flywheel) If I go AODE do I need to modify where the crossmember is? Is there a off the shelf aluminum driveshaft that will work with the AODE? Anyone make an electric shifter for AODE's?

I just bought an automatic 95 convertible with 92K miles. If you are interested in swapping parts I want to stay with a manual. I live in Michigan.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online