Manual to power doors 1995 to 1995

Jcw4793

Reaction score
Ok guys so im stuck on a conversion, it has me at a stop. I have too many 95’s, and i have a 95 v6 with no premium upgrades, just basic. The 95 v8 i have has the fancy stuff, mach 460, power doors, locks and such.. when i removed the dash for the black interior, i noticed a difference. Every wire has been plug and play, but the driver door. Theres the usual connector, and then theres the other. The v6 contains a 10 pin pigtail, the v8’s second pigtail had 12. So far the harness has no noticeable difference, but what are my options? The harness the has the 10mm bolt able to be switched out? I have the rke harness and all from the donor car, just need to know what i can pull from the v8 to get the power doors working in the v6, thats going v8.

OP
OP
Jcw4793

Jcw4793

Reaction score
Not at this very moment. They do share the same amount of pins, but different connectors. I have found the plug I'm worried about is to the power locks. Not sure if I could re pin the 12 pin or not. The V6 had nothing hooked into it's connector, but the V8 connector in the same exact spot is to the power locks. V6 has no power anything.

OP
OP
Jcw4793

Jcw4793

Reaction score
I also played with the rke module in the V8, up front only one connector, but needs two for the locks to work. I may have to pull the harness to the trunk. Not sure if it's worth it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
power lock harness has a bunch of pink wires in it. With out both sides hooked up they will not work. Not sure what an RKE module is

OP
OP
Jcw4793

Jcw4793

Reaction score
Remote keyless entry it's the same module as the anti theft. There's a bunch of pink wires to the rke part of this module. They go from the door to a connector, and then to the trunk where the anti theft module is. I must have the module for it to work. 3 of the 5 plugs control functions of the locks and power supply. 2 of them go to the alarm

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The keyless entry was optional on all the cars and there is wiring there but it should work with out it. The lock/unlock wiring system is called a 5-wire reversing polarity system that operates as a master/slave switch system so you need both switches and the actuators to get everything to work correctly. The indicators are probably worn off of most of the wires but pink/yellow and pin/green are the lock/unlock wires that you would integrate into for an aftermarket system and probably the wires going to the stock keyless.

OP
OP
Jcw4793

Jcw4793

Reaction score
So the big bundle of wires to the rear module aren't needed? The V8 needs it for the antenna. Sorry if I'm asking a million questions. The V6 shell has no adapting plugs to hook the module so I'm very curious if I could re pin a connector.

OP
OP
Jcw4793

Jcw4793

Reaction score
So the module is a alarm system mostly? How could I carry over the key fobs?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
neither the v8 or v6 needs it to work, the keyless will need the antenna if you want to use it. It is not an alarm/anti theft as much as a keyless entry and if you wanted to use it, it would hopefully be as easy as getting a new one to plug in and the correct remotes for it to program to it. With all that being said we use to do a simple keyless entry at any of the audio shops I worked at and its been years since I priced one but I would guess that a new one would cost maybe just a little more than hoping you get the correct vintage pieces.

OP
OP
Jcw4793

Jcw4793

Reaction score
If I can't get this one to work I'll most likely settle for a viper kit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99