Manual vs Power seat tracks

riored4v

Reaction score
Have a 94 GT and the power seat track seems to be going out. Moves up and down but there is no forward or backward movement, which sucks since i'm tall and would like to know if there is more room available out of it.

Replacing it is one of the items on my to-do list, but was considering replacing with a manual track. Do manual tracks sit any lower than a power track (in its lowest position)? Any benefits to manual track aside from cheaper and less weight?

OP
OP
R

riored4v

Reaction score
My hope was to eventually go with an aftermarket or 01/03 cobra seat, but keeping the seat as low as possible is a priority.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
I am 5'11 and with my bucket seat I sit a good 3" shorter than the factory leather seats, it feels low but still comfortable level and feel safe. I can't speak for the cobra seats, but there's plenty of guys here who could.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't think you will notice its any lower then the lowest setting in the power seat. I have seen the switch break or the motor that moves it get gummed up. I was able to take my seat out and simply clean the worm gear/motors and then regreased them and they worked for another 8 yrs. Take the seat out and look at the switch or motor and see if you can narrow it down.

OP
OP
R

riored4v

Reaction score
I don't think you will notice its any lower then the lowest setting in the power seat. I have seen the switch break or the motor that moves it get gummed up. I was able to take my seat out and simply clean the worm gear/motors and then regreased them and they worked for another 8 yrs. Take the seat out and look at the switch or motor and see if you can narrow it down.

Thanks! I might have to give that a shot.

MysticChaos

Reaction score
I have a manual seat track on my drivers seat in my cobra. When I bought the car the power track was literally snapped in pieces under the seat. Sits low enough for me at 5'11.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1996GTKB

Reaction score
The manual track sits only a bit lower than the power one, hardly enough to make a noticeable difference. The plus side is that if you decide to go to an aftermarket seat down the road you will not be missing the power options lol the wait loss in removing the power options is minuscule. If you are going for the most comfortable ride possibly in a daily driver then I would say stick with the power seat tracks or splurge and purchase very nice aftermarket seats with the Manual tracks.

OP
OP
R

riored4v

Reaction score
Thanks. It's not a DD for me, so the power doesnt matter all that much. I'll likely just roll with the current power tracks until I figure out which seat choice I'm going to use to replace these. Hoping it'll be something out of a Bullitt, Mach1 etc and then I can keep the power tracks.

87hurricane

Reaction score
FWIW, you can swap tracks from driver to passenger side and see what you think. I do find the manual track makes the seat sit a little lower, and simply knowing it wouldn't break again was worth it for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online