Mark VIII engine swap.

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
A freind of mine has 2 Mark VIII's, his wife wrecked one last year and he got one for a parts car. Well he just bought her a new car and is making me a great deal for both. He has a 96 ( wifes) and a 94 ( parts car, running). The 96 got rearended and runs, it has 73K. The 95 is rough, straight body it has 143K.

The engine swap doesnt seem like it would be a big deal, And it looks like using the GT ecm (with tune) and harness is the way to go.

Do they have a forged crank?
Is the flywheel flange a 6 bolt or a 8 bolt?
Are the tranny's the same as the GT's? <----- spare parts....lol
Do I have to remove the IMRC? (sp)
And do you guys think the swap would be worth-while?

Does anyone know of somebody that has done this swap? Im curious on how it would run.

Thanks... :thumb:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This guy over on this forum has done the Mark VIII swap...he's a cool guy so he should answer anything you ask. Maybe start a thread about it on that forum.
http://linktrek.com/messageboard/index.php?showuser=209

The blocks are worth @ $400 each and the heads sell for about $300 a set.
Cranks are not forged and i think are 6 bolt. Not sure on tranny. May be aode not 4r70w

OP
OP
O

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
Well the guy backed out of the deal...... I was kind of having bad thoughts about it anyway.
His son wants them to rebuild the 2 into 1.
I really don't have the extra cash right now anyway, so it all worked out. But he was selling me both cars for 500.00! Just to get them out of his way.

I think Im gonna stay with my original plan..... :thumb:

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
my buddy did a swap... he has a 98 cobra threw a procharger on it made good power but the motor just didnt last so he went with the Mark motor and made 550 hp ran 11.3 at the track and he tried to blow up his motor for a reason to put his new built motor in and it wouldnt blow and trust me he's a hard driver always beatin on it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online