Matt's 94 GT Progress thread

OP
OP
mattmathis

mattmathis

Reaction score
Thanks bro! I was really please with how it turned out. Dude did a helluva job spraying it! Now I wish it wasn't 100% chance of rain here tomorrow so I could detail the Shit out of it! smh

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful detailing a fresh paint job. The clear needs some time to breathe and cure. Talk to the painter and ask what he recommends! Looks great though!

OP
OP
mattmathis

mattmathis

Reaction score
Oh yea, just a gentle wash for the paint. Wanted to clean the wheels up a little more. And the tires need some dressing bad. They're new so they've never had anything on em.

Also so need to take the tint off the back windows. I replaced the side windows cause they had scratches so I'm going to re tint the whole thing darker.

Speaking of the new side windows. The new ones seem to be a little thicker and are really sloooww going up an down. I'm worried it's going to cause the motors to wear out. Any one know anything I can do about that? I guess I should make another thread about this...

9838stang

Reaction score
Looks great!

Look at the window regulators see if the gears are binding up or how much lube are on them aswell. might even be the window regulator getting old.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Probably just the motors getting old unless you can really hear them straining. Anyways, your car looks great!

OP
OP
mattmathis

mattmathis

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys! The window flew up and down until they replaced them. The drivers side has the auto let down, and it was working great before they replaced them. Now it stops about half way it's so tight.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Looks great! I would like to have mine painted too, it's gotta feel good to freshen up a 18-20 year old paint job

OP
OP
mattmathis

mattmathis

Reaction score
It's so factory fresh. Is that an OEM color?

Well it's the oem deep forest green with some blue pearl mixed in. I told them to keep the color combo under lock and key! lol Thanks, yea I thought the painter did an awesome job. Some paint jobs you see just look like shit. It's about as close to perfect as an aftermarket job can be. :D

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Man, that color looks great, you should paint the calipers silver or black. Those bullitts really match that car really good too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online