Maxxzpeed or ZENN Lowering springs

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
These springs can be found for real cheap on ebay..like 100 bucks shipped..i saw one member on here with them but was just wondering if there will be and problems with these..i was leaning towards the maxxspeed becuase its a 1.8 inch in the rear 2 in the front...I will definately get the C and C plates..but will I need shocks and struts with these?..are these good..should I trust them on my car?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
my maxspeeds are great, but i have seen some people only get like a 1" drop from them, but most of them were 99+....i have my stock struts and no C/C plates...i have some Mach 1 tockicos i need to put on and i have some Steeda C/C plates, but they arent necessary...i just got them so i can have as much adjustment as i want if i feel like autoX'ing or whatever.

96sohc

Reaction score
Just remember you get what you pay for; and thats probably all they will do, lower the car.
And yes you will need new struts/shocks, as they won't be able to handle the new springs.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Ownz said:
my maxspeeds are great, but i have seen some people only get like a 1" drop from them, but most of them were 99+....i have my stock struts and no C/C plates...i have some Mach 1 tockicos i need to put on and i have some Steeda C/C plates, but they arent necessary...i just got them so i can have as much adjustment as i want if i feel like autoX'ing or whatever.

hmm..im confused..lots of people have stock struts and are fine..ive heard that the c/c plates are a must though

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
hmm..im confused..lots of people have stock struts and are fine..ive heard that the c/c plates are a must though

you can use stock struts, but the stock struts were not designed to be that low....getting struts designed to work with lowered cars gets you a much smoother better ride....and with most springs that lower 1.5" or more usually do need C/C plates, but anyone i have ever asked didnt need them.

and as for "you get what you pay for" saying, i rode in a Cobra with eibachs and it rode like shit compared to my GT with maxspeeds...i just got them as a cheap alternative to lower my car now....i will probably end up with coilovers in the front and drag springs in the rear, or H&R SS...

Pennywise2

Reaction score
The last thing I would go cheap on is springs on your mustang.
I would go for H&R Supersports they are a very reputable springs
that alot of people use.If you plan on lowering your car that much
plan on getting C/C plates and shocks and struts.Steeda or Maximum
Motorsports make excellent C/C plates.Bilstein shocks and struts and the
best for lowered cars if you ask me.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
stock struts and shocks will be fine but its best to upgrade them, your lowering the car that gives your stock shocks/struts less travel, and since they are softer then aftermarket you have a bigger chance of bottoming them out. there are dozens of people who run stock stuf and never have problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99