McLeod Street Pro Clutch Installation

robb15033

Reaction score
-Finally got my clutch replaced. I'm A Happy Boy!! Used a McLeod Street Pro single disk clutch kit, McLeod Light Billet Steel flywheel. Pedal feel is lighter than stock, smooth, grabs so nicely. No chatter, opened it up today for the first time WOT, feels great. Highly recommend this clutch for NA, nearly stock 4.6L platforms. I installed a 10.5 inch kit & it seems to be more than adequate.
-What came out was installed by the previous owner in Hawaii and looked like a Valeo unit. The disk was worn down to rivets, the bearings were still intact but worn out with play worse than any I've worked on before. The clutch fork was worn down at every contact point.
-I installed the clutch, flywheel, FRPP bearings, FRPP clutch fork, billet TO bearing sleeve, pivot ball stud, Maximum Motorsports cable kit with heat insulators, and a Ford Racing Hi-Torque Mini Starter.
This motor starter is pretty BAD ASS- Listening to the sound it makes when key is turned is pretty wild. Almost makes it worth the fortune it cost me. At least I don't have to worry about accessing that 3rd bolt that's a pain in the ass when replacing the starter.
~Anybody else have one of these motor starters?? The small things in life can make me so happy. I get a grin on my face everytime I hear it.
So,... I say McLeod Street Pro is an excellent option for a (Up To)400HP mustang for sure!!
_________
62628_alt3

__--__--__--__--___---_--___----_-_---____------_--_---__--______-----__--_-__-
101633_alt3

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
The recording does not translate with my ancient broken camera. I will figure out away to record with an i-phone from inside and out.
SORRY

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
Yeah, It's an unusual rhythmic, very deep, fast paced sound I have never heard.
I am doing tons of work to the car, The right opportunity will present itself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online