me and my pops project car.. 65 mustang

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Steven, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Steven

Steven Legend

yep.. me and my pops like to tackle these old cars alot.. done a bunch of em already. This car we've had for a year or so.. he traded his harley for it... just because it was a good deal. Dont worry it was just a 883 stroked to a 1200 sportster. Cars only got one hole of rust, smaller then your fist in the passenger door. Its numbers matching 289 hipo 4speed car.. got everything but a fender and windsheild... and interior junk. Check it out.. pops wanted to smooth the bay so he's been busy doing that.. right now im redoing every single nut and bolt and bracket.. everythings redone the way it should be :thumb: it's getting a 351 high compression windsor with bennet racing(i think its them) ported Edelbrock 225cc race heads, ported victor JR high rise, holley proform 4150 carb.. got the entire top end already, just workin on the bottom end now :banana:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i'll keep updatin as we go along 8)

2. 95-stang

95-stang Well-Known Member

Looks like your making a good job of it, keep the updates coming. :)

3. slow-six

slow-six Member

nice project man. :thumb:

4. 68mustang5.0

68mustang5.0 Active Member

Awesome dude, lemme know if you need any advice or help.

5. uncltrvlnmatt

uncltrvlnmatt Legend

Good project. Any questions I may be able to help. I am working very slooooooooooooowly on my 66 coup.

If it is a 289 Hi-Po car why are you putting in a 351 stroker? A 65 coup with a K engine is well worth putting the right engine back in.

Here are the pics of my 66 coup. It is once again in a holding pattern.

http://public.fotki.com/marywillowmoon/matts_stuff/66-mustang/

6. Steven

Steven Legend

nice man. We've done a bunch of these cars, i know more about these then i do sn95s lol We both agreed theres plenty of K cars around, and were not restoring, were modifying, smoothing, and lowering it.. we have the original motor.. but want more power. The original one wont go anywhere so if we sell it it'll be in the car. Thanks for the offers guys, i might make a couple posts on it here if i need the help

7. uncltrvlnmatt

uncltrvlnmatt Legend

I know you said the engine is not for sale, but If you decide to sell that Hi-Po 289 I will take it off your hands. I know how unused engines can take up space and get in the way.

8. Steven

Steven Legend

lol you dont mind really? :D she aint going anywhere.. its going in the car for a bit till the windsors done.. its cam'd and rebuilt.. nice intake and carb. have the original intake with it to

9. uncltrvlnmatt

uncltrvlnmatt Legend

Why should I mind? It is your car, you do what you want with it. Mine is just a plain 289 auto coup. They made 500,000 of them in 1966. It will never be worth alot of money. That is why it is going to get a 4.6 4v swap.

10. Steven

Steven Legend

i was bein sarcastic man lol sorry. Eh yea well make it different.. thats why i see no point restoring concourse this car :dunno:

11. uncltrvlnmatt

uncltrvlnmatt Legend

I just figured that since it is a "K" code you would keep it stock. There were not that many "K" code coups built. That is where the money is with that car, not with a 351.

12. LI98GT

LI98GT Well-Known Member

I jealous that you guys have the room and get to do some classic restoration/restomodding. Looks like a great project. I only have one garage bay and don't want to put the SN95 out in the driveway to accomodate a long term project. I've had several come my way recently and it's driving me crazy (just a bit). I too would like to see it get it's original Hi PO 289, but it is your car and you certainly have every right to do with it as you see fit. Keep updating us on the progress and good luck with the project!

13. Brian95SVT

Brian95SVT Legend

hey!! i finally found your post!
    but yeah, keep up the good work
    cant wait to see her when shes done
    nice rims in the pic hahaha

14. scarface

scarface Guest

looks like a LONG, but fun project.

15. Steven

Steven Legend

thanks guys! yea its nice, its a 22x24 garage that has a 22x24 awning/over hang right off of it. doubled our space. I'll keep it updated, it should be done by christmas time

thats the thing man, were not gonna restore it and sell it, we want to have fun with it and customize it. The world can live with just one less hi-po car. >:D

16. mean green

mean green Well-Known Member

i spy a lx somthing over in the outher bay :dunno:

17. Steven

Steven Legend

drag car 8)
    82 notch.. fully done up just about.. were sellin it though to make room

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

my dad built msot of it.. i helped some to. Gonna build another one later on down the road.. but with a 4 link and tubular k coilovers.. the whole deal. It now has full manual brakes.. lines done, line lock put in place, bleeded and new pads/rotors front and the whole sha bang out back.