Megasquirt SN95 with MS3 MS3X

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
Here are my fans which are grounded when on. If your low fan turns on when power on then you need to make power on Value on and
active Value off since CCRM is in failsafe mode which trips low fan to be constantly on.

Screen%20Shot%2009-12-15%20at%2003.07%20PM_zpsbtfnuafy.png

High fan

Screen%20Shot%2009-12-15%20at%2003.07%20PM%20001_zpsvgej0x0d.png

Autotune for warm up.

Screen%20Shot%2009-12-15%20at%2003.08%20PM_zpsl3kqk4ko.png

If you look above there is a Data Logging feature which you can save your session. Once saved you can open Megalog viewer and see anything and everything. You can also use VE ananlyze which will look at all you data and make recommendations on corrections to you table. You can then save and uploaded to TS.

Screen%20Shot%2009-12-15%20at%2003.10%20PM_zpssdchbs19.png

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
are those grounded outputs made to power the fans themselves or relays that power them, or to trigger the ccrm to do it?

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
Correct MS sends a grounded signal for a relay. In my case the CCRM.

This is is very important procedure to adjust these pots. You want to reset them which I think it 15 turns . As stated you can't over turn them.

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
I am trying to find a solution with low fan settings. I think it should be an option in Fan Control as many stock vehicles come with dual speed fans. I have opened up a discussion reference this in MS forum. I still would like for someone to verify if there is a medium speed for our fan or is it just the aftermarket motor I got.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I am trying to find a solution with low fan settings. I think it should be an option in Fan Control as many stock vehicles come with dual speed fans. I have opened up a discussion reference this in MS forum. I still would like for someone to verify if there is a medium speed for our fan or is it just the aftermarket motor I got.

I just went and checked mine, if I ground my pin and do the powers individually it varies the speed high or low depending on the pin I supply power to. However, is I put power to both at the same time it defaults to high speed setting. I didn't find a medium speed on mine.

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
Good deal then it's the way the motor is wired I would say. I'm going to hook it up by using another output to turn it off at a certain temp for now.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
[MENTION=9290]venom[/MENTION], how in the world did you get around the pats system? My diagrams don't match up to any wire colors or pin location at the module.

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
venom, how in the world did you get around the pats system? My diagrams don't match up to any wire colors or pin location at the module.
I had to plug in Stock PCM and bypass stock fuel pump wiring in order to start vehicle. If you plug PCM but no crank signal is received fuel pump will not run. Fuel pump is controlled by MS see diagram.

Which module?

I don't know if you have seen it or not, but I have talked to this guy and he seems to have a good understanding about whats up. Check this thread out for the fans

http://forums.corral.net/forums/megasquirt/1297183-sn95-fan.html

I read it and I think my current issue is motor I got giving me 3 speeds. The issue most of us experice is that without the PCM sending a ground signal to CCRM low fan will stay on, it's a fail safe that's built into the CCRM. It's easy to overcome this by inverting on and off values.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I had to plug in Stock PCM and bypass stock fuel pump wiring in order to start vehicle. If you plug PCM but no crank signal is received fuel pump will not run. Fuel pump is controlled by MS see diagram.

Which module?

I was trying to find out how to wire around the pats module. I found out that the pats module sends a ground to the starter relay. I provided my own ground and now the starter spins with the key. At the moment I am trying to figure out my problem in the VR circuit. Im not getting rpm signal from the jimstim or from the car. I must have missed something during assembly.

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
Did you assemble yours? If you did may be different and we may need to look into that guide as my mS guide for my setup is for surface mount assembled unit. If not make sure jumpers are correct.

eb10338705076d82be0cf30b826215f6_zpslq10ftx2.jpg

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Yes I assembled mine. I'm also using the v3.0 board. I know you have the v3.57 board and I don't know if anything is different. I looked for this jumpers you pointed out and I haven't found them yet. I will look again in the morning.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I'm going to read over that as soon as I get home. I've also got an email in to Matt Cramer over at DiyAutoTune so I'm waiting for him to reply in the morning. Thanks for the help by the way. Not much info in one spot for this stuff.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
just as I have nearly accepted my fate of going through all his I find out a new shop just opened a few months ago that has a dyno for tuning. Just need to find out how good they are.....

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
I'm going to read over that as soon as I get home. I've also got an email in to Matt Cramer over at DiyAutoTune so I'm waiting for him to reply in the morning. Thanks for the help by the way. Not much info in one spot for this stuff.
Same problem I ran across. The guys that make this think we speak their language and speak in terms that is confusing for the average gear head who has no knowledge on exactly how everything works with MS.

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
just as I have nearly accepted my fate of going through all his I find out a new shop just opened a few months ago that has a dyno for tuning. Just need to find out how good they are.....
My biggest problem was that every little change I made to car required a retune. It's great to be able to do it yourself. Plus the tuner can only spend so much time on your car.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know that feeling. But until the bottom end gives out and I go with something more serious this current bump in power should keep be grinning for a little while. I am not a HP fiend that needs to keep trying to max it out.

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
I know that feeling. But until the bottom end gives out and I go with something more serious this current bump in power should keep be grinning for a little while. I am not a HP fiend that needs to keep trying to max it out.
I hear you. I am over it as well. Just want something fun to drive and unique.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online