Megasquirt SN95 with MS3 MS3X

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I built my own wiring. Get a 4 gang relay box to take place of the ccrm and build your own engine wiring harness. The harness that you get with the megasquirt is laid out great and all the wires are labeled. Im curious how the gauges will work if the stock ecu isnt running all the engine parameters.

As far as i can remember, the ECT, oil and RPM pass through the ECU and just "advise" it of what those particular values are. The Ecu does have complete control over the Speedo and the fuel pump though.

the returnless fuel pump system is the biggest unknown at the moment on making that work.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
As far as i can remember, the ECT, oil and RPM pass through the ECU and just "advise" it of what those particular values are. The Ecu does have complete control over the Speedo and the fuel pump though.

the returnless fuel pump system is the biggest unknown at the moment on making that work.

Youll use your own relay for the fuel pump. The ecu supplies ground to the fuel pump relay, the Megasquirt will do the same thing. I don't know how the variable voltage works though. I'm return style so it's easier.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Youll use your own relay for the fuel pump. The ecu supplies ground to the fuel pump relay, the Megasquirt will do the same thing. I don't know how the variable voltage works though. I'm return style so it's easier.

Yeaa... its pretty weird with the FPDM and the returnless setup.. eventually it'll go return style

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
You have yours set to run with no idle valve?
Must of missed this reply. Yes I had mine running without it. I enabled it and car feels better the 2x I drove it. Still have to figure out how to work with the settings but I noticed a difference for the better.

As far as MS3Pro it just does more things that than you need for a street car. I have not checked the website for some time but I think there is no plug and play MS ECUs for Mustangs except the Fox body. I heard they were looking to make a PNP for SN95s but not sure if they are still making it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010