Mesh Wheels - Post them if you have them!

Darhawk

Reaction score
Hey Gang,
I was just wondering who is running mesh style wheels. I have been tossing the idea in my head and think a few brands really look great. I am at a place where I can get new wheels if I wanted, but the choices are so damn tough. I think Silver was my main paint pick, but I find it not aggressive enough for my car. So I think silver is off the table for now, and I am looking more towards a Brush face with either silver or anthracite type grey trimage. Here are a few mock designs I have created.

So if you could post your "Mesh Wheels" (or whatever the correct term is) that would be helpful.

AMR

Forgestar F14 - Gunmetal

Forgestar F14 - Silver

Rovos Pretoria - Silver

Rovos Pretoria - Gunmetal

Rovos Pretoria - Custom Brushed face with silver

RichV

Reaction score
Meh, I'd have to pass on all of those. When you said mesh, I was thinking ...

I decided stock on my setup, because they're less common than aftermarket wheels.

OP
OP
Darhawk

Darhawk

Reaction score

I decided stock on my setup, because they're less common than aftermarket wheels.
eeeeew Those are gross! I'd never think about that type..lol Those are for Bmw or something like that. Maybe an old Fox body.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
the last set...tht finish looks the best imo. nothing in gunmetal looks good to me. and definitely do a brushed face. look into niche targa wheels too. those look sooooo good in person

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
mmmmm, yummy

8384417877_7233b641ee_b.jpg

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
bronze forgestar.
/thread.

I'll hopefully be shooting a red 370z with bronze forgestar soon.
Forgestar has a really nice bronze

ernie-370z-thedrivenlifestyle-81.jpg

OP
OP
Darhawk

Darhawk

Reaction score
mmmmm, yummy

8384417877_7233b641ee_b.jpg
Those are interesting..I'll have to check sizing. I don't really want pure gunmetal or just plain silver, so liquid silver might be an option. Defiantly want brushed face, if I can find it, but looks like special order for now.

OP
OP
Darhawk

Darhawk

Reaction score
bronze forgestar.
/thread.

I'll hopefully be shooting a red 370z with bronze forgestar soon.
Forgestar has a really nice bronze
I really do like the Forgestars , but don't think Bronze is a good match for my ride, but knock yourself out BJ! <--- Ooops I mean "OJ"!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think bronze/gold work really nice on red. But whatever floats your boat, please don't do black.

10453946_261904640668459_878076156_n.jpg

Mike-Mao-NSX-02.jpg
tsw-nurburgring-matte-bronze-nissan-gt-r.jpg

riored4v

Reaction score
Those F14's look great. I have been leaning towards the Pretoria's for mine but now I'm second guessing that.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Nice! I think your going to love a new set of wheels on the Cobra Darhawk! Brushed Silver seems to be the best finish. For your car, I like the Forgestar f14's but makes me wonder what they look like from other angles, i also like the Rovos Pretoria - the last one.

Which one are you leaning towards Darhawk?

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score

Thats my definition of Mesh as well

OP
OP
Darhawk

Darhawk

Reaction score
Nice! I think your going to love a new set of wheels on the Cobra Darhawk! Brushed Silver seems to be the best finish. For your car, I like the Forgestar f14's but makes me wonder what they look like from other angles, i also like the Rovos Pretoria - the last one.

Which one are you leaning towards Darhawk?

Well the AMR's are very affordable..in Silver or Dark Stainless.
but I really like the deep concave look which you get from Rovos. But to have them the way I want I would have to get a custom ordered set, which could be pricey. I have already email the owner of Rovos Wheels and told me they can do it. I really like the look of the F14 the best, as long as they are deep concave in the rears too. My photochops aren't specially good since it's just a side shot and you can't feel out the depth. But I have seen a few F14's on some new edge mustys and they look really good.

I really want a 18X10 size so I can put on at least a 295 size tire. I mean I still like my ride with the wheels now, because at cars shows I get a lot of love, but my just doesn't compete in the "I'm going to kill you" category like a lot of the ones I see around. Mine is missing something, but can't place my finger on it.

[MENTION=17070]Tony[/MENTION] - Those mesh TSW NURBURGRING & Niche Targa M131 only come in 18X9.5

I also like the KMC district wheels but I don't think they come in sn95 bolt patterns or they are only 18x8...something weird about them..

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I really like the look of the F14 the best, as long as they are deep concave in the rears too. My photochops aren't specially good since it's just a side shot and you can't feel out the depth. But I have seen a few F14's on some new edge mustys and they look really good.

Good to know. I have not seen these wheels in person so I was unsure if they were concave. I think you should go with these! Out of em all, they def caught my attention but what matters most is you like them the best!!

I really want a 18X10 size so I can put on at least a 295 size tire. I mean I still like my ride with the wheels now, because at cars shows I get a lot of love, but my just doesn't compete in the "I'm going to kill you" category like a lot of the ones I see around. Mine is missing something, but can't place my finger on it.

Nice! Great idea! I think changing the wheels and tires up will ABSOLUTELY make it look more aggressive. While I am a fan of the stock cobra wheels, I do not think "aggressive" when i see them. I like them for other reasons. If your goal is a more aggressive look then you are on the right path my friend!

Whats your current rear tire size 245 with a spacer? Looks wise ive never been a fan of 245's on our cars (as we were discussing the other day.) Looks way to small! Spacers help of course but nothing beats having the actual sized tire the 245 spacer user is trying to mimic!

OP
OP
Darhawk

Darhawk

Reaction score
Good to know. I have not seen these wheels in person so I was unsure if they were concave. I think you should go with these! Out of em all, they def caught my attention but what matters most is you like them the best!!

Nice! Great idea! I think changing the wheels and tires up will ABSOLUTELY make it look more aggressive. While I am a fan of the stock cobra wheels, I do not think "aggressive" when i see them. I like them for other reasons. If your goal is a more aggressive look then you are on the right path my friend!

Whats your current rear tire size 245 with a spacer? Looks wise ive never been a fan of 245's on our cars (as we were discussing the other day.) Looks way to small! Spacers help of course but nothing beats having the actual sized tire the 245 spacer user is trying to mimic!

Yeah I have 245 all around. And custom made 1.5 inch spacers for the rears. I don't intend to get Drags radials just FYI, I don't need them really. Plus the tread get slapped up on the fenders. lol!! I also would like to get tint. and I am in dyer need to have a deep polish and shine, to get out my squirrel marks..lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online