Did you buy a kit or build your own
What were your gains
How much does it use

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I run meth on my v6.
I mainly use it for cooling the blower since I can't use an intercooler. The improvement was huge for me.

kb1982

Reaction score

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I run an AIS trunk mount kit with a triple-nozzle setup, 1 pre blower and 2 pre throttle body. I run Snow's 50/50 boost juice. Meth alone won't really give you gains, its the aggressiveness you can run with timing where your gains will be had. I've been running it on 20psi on the street and don't see any detonation on 93 pump gas at all. If you are looking more for gains, run a small shot of nitrous.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What Scott said,
[MENTION=9170]Michael Plummer[/MENTION] hooked a few of us up with Snow kits at really good prices.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Who's running it
Did you buy a kit or build your own
What were your gains
How much does it use
You have some great questions, so I'm going to do my best to answer them but before I do, thank you everyone who mentioned me as a source of information.......I appreciate it.

Q) Did you buy a kit or build your own
A) Building your own kit is always an option to help save a few dollars. Personally, I not a big fan of it and the reason is all Water/Methanol kits are designed together as a system. And will work as advertised if used correctly and together as a system. So if you like AIS, Cooling Mist, Devil's Own or even Snow Performance, stick with a complete system for best results.

Q) What were your gains
A) Great question and one I asked when I first got started with Water/Methanol Injection. Your gains will depend on the following; Boost levels, total timing increases, ratio of water to methanol, quantity of injection and combination of engine parts you use. The most important parts in any Water/Methanol system are the pump, nozzles and controller. On my setup, I gained over 90RWHP.

Q) How much does it use
A) That will depend on number of nozzles you're using, and how often you inject.

I hope this helps
Michael Plummer

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Typically they use hardly any meth. It really depends how much and how often, but its such a fine mist.

OP
OP
torch318

torch318

Reaction score
Kinda like asking how much nitrous will I use on setup x.... I was just wondering what others are using i.e. is it a gallon per tank of gas or..... I understand that driving style and nozzle numbers and size will effect usage.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You could use it all, or you can use none of it. Its all based on how your driving just like with nitrous.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It depends how you drive. I could go through 100 takes of gas and never touch the meth.

But even when you do use it a lot, it doesn't use very much. It spray a fine mist. Most people don't allow it to get low. I use window washer fluid and the stock res. I fill it up regularly, but it hard uses anything.

Kboss87

Reaction score
I run the stage 1 snow meth kit on my car 94 with an s-trim. Picked up 40whp with it. Could have pushed it harder but I'm on a completely stock bottom end and block (sbf). I have a 2.5 gallon tank in my trunk and could probably go a year without filling it. I run a windshield washer fluid and heet mix.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online