Meth injection

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by torch318, Jan 26, 2015.

1. torch318

torch318 Active Member

Who's running it
    Did you buy a kit or build your own
    What were your gains
    How much does it use

2. 96blak54

96blak54 Legend

Could switch to e85?

3. torch318

torch318 Active Member

Closest station is 30 mins- 1hr away depending on which way im heading.If it was available at more locations I would.

4. ttocs

ttocs Legend

Micheal plumer on here sells the snow kits and has the skinny on them.

5. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I run meth on my v6.
    I mainly use it for cooling the blower since I can't use an intercooler. The improvement was huge for me.

6. 96blak54

96blak54 Legend

That stinks!

All the surrounding counties were I live has at least 2 stations.

7. kb1982

kb1982 Active Member

Dont come to nelson county looking to fill up with E85. I have the kit in the link http://www.snowperformance.net/stage-3-gasoline-boost-cooler.html , but havent got around to installing it still. All I can say about it thus far, is the kit seems well built and comes with everything you need unless you want to run daul nozzles.

8. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

I run an AIS trunk mount kit with a triple-nozzle setup, 1 pre blower and 2 pre throttle body. I run Snow's 50/50 boost juice. Meth alone won't really give you gains, its the aggressiveness you can run with timing where your gains will be had. I've been running it on 20psi on the street and don't see any detonation on 93 pump gas at all. If you are looking more for gains, run a small shot of nitrous.

9. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

DP

10. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

What Scott said,
    [MENTION=9170]Michael Plummer[/MENTION] hooked a few of us up with Snow kits at really good prices.

11. Michael Plummer

Michael Plummer Active Member

You have some great questions, so I'm going to do my best to answer them but before I do, thank you everyone who mentioned me as a source of information.......I appreciate it.

Q) Did you buy a kit or build your own
    A) Building your own kit is always an option to help save a few dollars. Personally, I not a big fan of it and the reason is all Water/Methanol kits are designed together as a system. And will work as advertised if used correctly and together as a system. So if you like AIS, Cooling Mist, Devil's Own or even Snow Performance, stick with a complete system for best results.

Q) What were your gains
    A) Great question and one I asked when I first got started with Water/Methanol Injection. Your gains will depend on the following; Boost levels, total timing increases, ratio of water to methanol, quantity of injection and combination of engine parts you use. The most important parts in any Water/Methanol system are the pump, nozzles and controller. On my setup, I gained over 90RWHP.

Q) How much does it use
    A) That will depend on number of nozzles you're using, and how often you inject.

I hope this helps
    Michael Plummer

12. Orange 94

Typically they use hardly any meth. It really depends how much and how often, but its such a fine mist.

13. torch318

torch318 Active Member

Kinda like asking how much nitrous will I use on setup x.... I was just wondering what others are using i.e. is it a gallon per tank of gas or..... I understand that driving style and nozzle numbers and size will effect usage.

14. ttocs

ttocs Legend

You could use it all, or you can use none of it. Its all based on how your driving just like with nitrous.

15. Orange 94

It depends how you drive. I could go through 100 takes of gas and never touch the meth.

But even when you do use it a lot, it doesn't use very much. It spray a fine mist. Most people don't allow it to get low. I use window washer fluid and the stock res. I fill it up regularly, but it hard uses anything.

16. Kboss87

Kboss87 Member

I run the stage 1 snow meth kit on my car 94 with an s-trim. Picked up 40whp with it. Could have pushed it harder but I'm on a completely stock bottom end and block (sbf). I have a 2.5 gallon tank in my trunk and could probably go a year without filling it. I run a windshield washer fluid and heet mix.