Methanol Injection Anyone ???????

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Anyone here using the meth injection from snow performance ??? If, so how do you like it???

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I know there are people here using it. It seems like a good kit. I believe truuble uses it so he will give ya some input on it because i know he likes it.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
ya truuble has that kit he said its amazing i know im grabing a meth kit myself

Downshift

Reaction score
Hey 95CALI-5.0, sorry to jack your thread I just wanted to ask you a question because I cant seem to find the answer and if I remember right you are a police officer in california. Just curious if you know if tinting your taillights in california is illegal or not? I dont want to do it if its gonna get me more special attention. Thanks man. And you might want to look into water injection as well when I was into turbos when I had my Talon heard some good things about water injection for boosted cars. Goodluck.

S

scarface

^ by using a meth/water mix you get the bennifits of both.

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
I had it on my S-Trim and made mad power! It takes some tuning to get it right but when you do you'll enjoy the benefits. :thumb:

OP
OP

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I'll be looking into it more. now that I got some feed back.

5.0wned:

Well bro, it is illegal to tint the tail lights on your vehicle. The D.O.T lenses are not to be altered in any way. It is probable cause to to pull you over and if the officer wishes he/she can now inspect your vehicle more closely. ie , smog components, too low, excessive noise levels, tint, and list goes on and on.........
But you may want to look at it from a safety stand point. If you tint the tail lights too much to the point where you can't even see them go on during the day, your asking to get rear ended by someone who only slows down when they see brake lights!!!! Trust me I have seen it.

98vortech

Reaction score
i have the kit on my car havnt hooked it up...but my buddy has it on his cobra and he said it gave him 80 horse power. with strait meth..he works 2 tunes a street tune and a race fuel tune..works well for safety reasons.

ripper

Reaction score
I was thinking of meth myself but if for some reason that stuff shuts off @ wot and your tuned for it OUCH! Do they make some kind of safety switch for it? If not im going with a 50 shot of spray. I know they have switches for that.

S

scarface

Stevo said:
I was thinking of meth myself but if for some reason that stuff shuts off @ wot and your tuned for it OUCH! Do they make some kind of safety switch for it? If not im going with a 50 shot of spray. I know they have switches for that.
you should move your IAT sensor right before your TB. If it stopped spraying the intake air temp would go up, and your ECU would retard your timming. Thats the only fail safe I know of.

Shawnsvtcobra

Reaction score
I want to do methanol injection this summer, cant decide between the snow kit ot, the alky injection kit.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Stevo said:
I've been running meth kits for over ten years now,....started with my turbo buick,and the best that I've use so far,is the snow kit. Do not risk the safety of your engine by using a generic ebay kit,or for that matter any that are vacuum forced(like the turbonectics one,or AFM's Mr freeze kit) . The only other kit that offers the same reliablity as the snow kit,is Aquamist....which is pricey as all hell.

Both of the two offer ease of tunability,ramping points,and tons of add-ons. Snow offers larger remote mount tanks,better HP pumps and nozzels,along with "Safety Injection",which is a retard module that pulls timeing when the tank runs low,or pump cut-off.....way faster and safer than trusting the EEC to pull enough timing out once the IAT senses the heat spike. I run on the ragged edge as far as tuning for meth goes......and the snow kit has never failed me.

S

scarface

I gained 50 AWHP on my Sti, but my stang isnt tuned for it yet. 94twinscrew could probably tell you when you sees this.

Shawnsvtcobra

Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
Stevo said:
I've been running meth kits for over ten years now,....started with my turbo buick,and the best that I've use so far,is the snow kit. Do not risk the safety of your engine by using a generic ebay kit,or for that matter any that are vacuum forced(like the turbonectics one,or AFM's Mr freeze kit) . The only other kit that offers the same reliablity as the snow kit,is Aquamist....which is pricey as all hell.

Both of the two offer ease of tunability,ramping points,and tons of add-ons. Snow offers larger remote mount tanks,better HP pumps and nozzels,along with "Safety Injection",which is a retard module that pulls timeing when the tank runs low,or pump cut-off.....way faster and safer than trusting the EEC to pull enough timing out once the IAT senses the heat spike. I run on the ragged edge as far as tuning for meth goes......and the snow kit has never failed me.
Aquamist, they have a web site???

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Stevo said:
What kind of gains can you get from meth?

It really depends on the application,and level of tune. Boost level plays a huge role in power gain obviously,so on average, most guys see an increase of 35-60whp if it's just tuned for safety,and a fat afr. Now, if you want to take full advantage of the meth,and larger nozzle sizes,you can add more boost and timing,and tune it for a more aggressive afr,which typically can yield gains from 75-125whp.....or higher if you're really greedy. There's a guy on the corral that is a snow dealer,his name is Mike Plummer.....he always puts up tuning tips on there,do a search for tons of good info.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Shawnsvtcobra said:
94twinscrew said:
Stevo said:

Aquamist, they have a web site???

There two companies now.....one's called Coolingmist,the other Aquamist....the Cooling mist kit work better on supercharged cars,but both work well

coolingmist

aquamist

Oh ya,don't choke when you see the prices for Aquamist's kits.....lol They are by far one of the elite.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online