MGW Shifter

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
I guess i would have to be the "Sour" one of the bunch..

I've personally owned a shit load of shifters over the last 7 years on different cars.. by far my favorites were the tri-ax and pro 5.0

But now that i have this.. it is my absoloute FAVORITE

29m0nzm.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mine was a bit more because it's for the TKO 500

It's kinda notchy, still breaking in, but it feels good.
there's no play in it, at all.

Wakes4Fun

Reaction score
Payed like $185 for mine new and my only regret is that I didn't buy one of there badass shift knobs at the same time!!! It's almost a shame they have to sit under a shift boot.

ShifterinCar2.jpg

4point6GT

Reaction score
not really why dont u just cover the bottom part. looks bad ass for sure tho!

N

nckissfan

I have a MGW in my 97 Cobra. I love that thing, smooth! It is a great piece, and the customer service at MGW is top notch!

GDawg

Reaction score
Wakes4Fun said:
...my only regret is that I didn't buy one of there badass shift knobs at the same time!!!

I bought their "Pony Knob" instead of the "GT" knob....

I love the pistol grip.

It's hot!!!

261ff13d.jpg

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
i have a Automatic and my car has a MGW.

Oh ya :bunny3:

Reaction score
This is kind of a dead post, but ill revive it in lue of makeing another topic for something already on here

is the MGW shifter smooth??? im looking for the smoothest...i have a tri-ax right now and its absolutely terrible i hate it...no play so notchy, can't hit second (although some can) its not for me

Im looking for something smooth, ...thinking ripper shifter (cause ive had in the past on a sn95) or trying the mgw....

Goldmember

Reaction score
I'm running a Pro 5.0 base with a Tri-Ax handle. Not very notchy at all, I blame that on my 108K transmission- though running Synchromesh has helped.

My dad had an '04 GT with an MGW, I personally wasn't a huge fan- it put fourth and reverse pretty close together, and there were a few times that tried reversing in fourth. Made for some funny "WTF" moments. Then again, I was DD'ing a 5-speed Camry at the time, so maybe I just wasn't adapting to the MGW too well.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
is it notchier than stock? cause right now mine's pretty notchy, sometimes i accidentally grind 2nd cause it goes thru like 2 bumps before it's in gear. IMO it should be alot smoother than it is and shouldn't be getting caught up like that.

and are any of them really loud or hot?

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
i have a stock shifter base right now with a pro-5.0 handle. its not notchy at all, very smooth actually, just kinda a long throw. i had the whole pro-5.0, but it was worn out and very sloppy.

i plan to buy a mgw soon. i wish i could find a used one

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Staff online

Members online