Micro Fiore adjustable clutch quadrant?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i forget who it was DFG or meangrn but i need an adjustable clutch quadrant and i heard this is the best.. true?

also, what all will i need and where to buy it? thanks guys!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
it was me. best one hands down. You dont need anything but i would suggest getting a stock (non adjustable) cable if you think yours is stretched or seen its better days.

I heard they werent making them anymore so you better get one while you can. I dunno where you can get it but a quick :google2: will come up with some info. Just goto fiore's site i believe they have a list

Maniak87

Reaction score
i bought one from lethal performance. i have yet to install it and have also heard its one of the best out there.

if u need a new cable, get a stock replacement like somone else said.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
where do i get the stock style cable? just my ford dealer? or should i get it online?

S

scarface

I got mine from lethal also, best investment I could have done. I couldnt get the proper adjustment with stock quadrant...this one is perfect. I have had one in the 97 and the 99

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
well im just waiting for it to come in now.. i ordered it 2 days ago or whenever i made this topic..

now i just need the stock non adjustable cable it looks like..

also, i remember matt (uncltrvlnmatt) said that my motor mounts may be worn out.. he said check to see if i can lift the motor.. well at idle, i can see my motor moving, something that i dont recall being an issue.. matt, if you see this, give me some info!

just to make sure i got this right, i need a STOCK NON ADJUSTABLE CLUTCH CABLE correct? i will be going to autozone/ford dealership tomorrow hopefully to get one.. please let me know guys! thanks

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya just get a stock cable from ford. The stock cables are non adjustable. A lot of the aftermarket cables are adjustable and lots of people have had problems with them streching and breaking.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
oh ok.. my dad called ford today and asked for the non adjustable and they said that its the ADJUSTABLE clutch cable.. but i imagine that they said its to be used with the adjustable clutch setup since my car is a 98.. so when i buy from ford, it will just be a regular cable?

ill get on that tomorrow hopefully because i have to work today, and tomorrow but ill go to ford first thing after school.. thanks meangrn!

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
alright cool.. i think ill go order it tomorrow so itll be here in time when the Fiore's stuff gets here..

and i think when i get home tonight, im going to order that instrument cluster bezel with the two pods in it and two gauges.. and ill save the rest of my money for some long tubes or maintenance.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
it should be right. its just a stock cable. The stock set up is adjustable but the adjustment comes from the plastic quadrant or w/e the hell its called down by the pedal. with aftermarket adjustable cables you can adjust the slack in the cable instelf. Some of the companies say that with an adjustable cable and firewall adjuster you are able to fine tune it better but i dont see how that is possible. Plus the cables are shit. To make the install easier definately take out your front seat trey. Makes it much easier to get to and your not standing on your head during the install. I just looked under there before i started and said fuck this im taking the seat out haha.

S

scarface

MeanGrn Gt said:
it should be right. its just a stock cable. The stock set up is adjustable but the adjustment comes from the plastic quadrant or w/e the hell its called down by the pedal. with aftermarket adjustable cables you can adjust the slack in the cable instelf. Some of the companies say that with an adjustable cable and firewall adjuster you are able to fine tune it better but i dont see how that is possible. Plus the cables are shit. To make the install easier definately take out your front seat trey. Makes it much easier to get to and your not standing on your head during the install. I just looked under there before i started and said f**k this im taking the seat out haha.
you can adjust the stock cable down at the tranny at the end of the cable also.
see the threads at the end of the cable?
clutch002.jpg

S

scarface

Trey, I was just thinking about this, did you only get the quadrant, or did you buy a firewall adjuster as well? you will need the firewall adjuster also...

Something to think about, after you put these parts in there will be alot of free play in your clutch pedal until it engages.

This is the fix for that....

LDC Chicago Clutch Freeplay Correction Kit
ClutchFreeplay.gif

http://www.ldcchicago.com/order.htm

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
there shouldnt be a lot of freeplay in the pedal. You adjust the firewall adjuster to take out more slack or put more in it

S

scarface

if you set your clutch to engage right around the brake pedal, there will be free play. you are adjusting your clutch, not the slack in you pedal hight. By adjusting the firewall adjuster you are changing the position of the clutch fork, essentially changing the distance of the TOB from the PP fingers. To get the correct adjustment and distance is not to have your pedal right at the top. Even 1/2 of an inch of slack in the pedal WILL be noticed, the wont be any resistance until the clutch starts to engage.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
thanks alot man.. yes i did order the firewall adjuster too.. i still haven't had time to go to ford yet to get the cable but i will.. and i HATE that pedal free play. i will definitely order that correction kit. Thanks alot man!

and i took my instrument cluster out and bought some normal bulbs thinking they were white bulbs but they weren't so i am going to order some LED's tonight as well as a new headlight knob (broke mine today) and the defroster button! :dancing6:

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
I logged into my account at Lethal Performance wondering if my order had been shipped out or processed or what and saw a message from LP... I have bad news and good news.

Bad News - Lethal Performance is out of stock of Fiore's Clutch adjusting kit..

Good News - Message from LP saying
- "We're still about 2 weeks out on these units, Fiore has agreed to make us a special run. We'll ship it the same day we get it."
- so im not screwed out of getting a Fiore clutch adjuster! :) glad they are making another run for Lethal Performance!