Mid Atlantic Events-- MD, DE, PA, NJ

Nighttrain

Reaction score
dude even if not come on out. Ill be driving my oh so sweet 2003 forester.

We/He doesnt care. Just going to be chilling and eating/drinking

I was saying that cause id love to take it to the show. My wife proceeded to tell me we have a picnic at her brothers saturday evening but im still going to the show if anyone will be there. Have to meet everyone some other time though. I was kinda looking forward to it lol.

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Man seems like there is more and more of us within about an hour or so of each other!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
yea there are a lot of us within an hour or so [MENTION=11461]1bad95[/MENTION] its nice!

Oh [MENTION=21612]Nighttrain[/MENTION] thats cool! and close. Im right off the thorndale exit of 30. Sadly my car is too dirty and nothing too special so i usually will never bring it out anywhere. Little beat up at the moment too. Need to refresh it body wise.

Ill be out in coatsville a little more now out near the YMCA since a buddy of mine lives out there. Not a car guy. Fellow beer enthusiast. So ill be out there to drink lol. But that is the extent of what i know in Coatesville unfortunately.

Prokiller is not that far. about 30 north from that area

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Yea i know Pottstown well. When i worked at D'ambrosio i had a lot of customers there. Word of advice stay outta inner city coatesville, its the butthole, crackhead central of chester county. Especially at night. I have to go there for work but i hardly ever go into town. The area around brandywine hospital is nice though.

Dont worry about your car being a little beat lol. You should see the one ill probably end up getting, it needs a ton of work but cash is tight.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
^^^ Tell me about the cash part. Why i work 2 damn jobs. Just to have the extra cash for spending. Mainly on beer. But it goes towards other stuff. Need to order my MM coils for the rear of the car then this winter the entire rear suspension will be redone at prokillers. Once he takes his UCA off and gets the TQ arm on.

Prokiller has a 94 vert for sale! lol its an auto though. Otherwise super friggin clean. 0 rust which is crazy

Sadly my cars outside is the way it is because of me lol. Few minor lapses in judgement here or there. But ya live and learn!

Getting a 5.0 or 4.6?

and coatesville. Yea. Never will I have to go there. If so that will be after i get my conceal carry lol. But yea the outside of it was surprisingly nice.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
^^^ Tell me about the cash part. Why i work 2 damn jobs. Just to have the extra cash for spending. Mainly on beer. But it goes towards other stuff. Need to order my MM coils for the rear of the car then this winter the entire rear suspension will be redone at prokillers. Once he takes his UCA off and gets the TQ arm on.

Prokiller has a 94 vert for sale! lol its an auto though. Otherwise super friggin clean. 0 rust which is crazy

Sadly my cars outside is the way it is because of me lol. Few minor lapses in judgement here or there. But ya live and learn!

Getting a 5.0 or 4.6?

and coatesville. Yea. Never will I have to go there. If so that will be after i get my conceal carry lol. But yea the outside of it was surprisingly nice.

Yea ProKiller and i were talking, id still like to see it, but its a 5.0 and a vert, and an auto lol. Little more than id like to spend especially because of the vert, and i like to change stuff. Last sn was a 5.0 and while i loved the car dont want to spend the extra to go with a aftermarket block like he did......so im really looking for a 4.6 thats in need of some lovin, close to factory....you know, cause i cant leave anything alone. You can pick up a teksid, or aluminum 3v(if i decide to go that way) for next to nothing.

My wife is a realstate agent so money's sporadic, gotta watch the kiddos so unless ot comes along a second job is out. Big outage coming up, 20 days of 16 hrs straight should clear a nice paycheck. Thats cool hes gonna do that for you, seems like a straight up guy. When free time comes along, and theres stuff either of us want to do, or just to have a few ill invite you out. Got a nice garage set up too, so thats a plus.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Yea ProKiller and i were talking, id still like to see it, but its a 5.0 and a vert, and an auto lol. Little more than id like to spend especially because of the vert, and i like to change stuff. Last sn was a 5.0 and while i loved the car dont want to spend the extra to go with a aftermarket block like he did......so im really looking for a 4.6 thats in need of some lovin, close to factory....you know, cause i cant leave anything alone. You can pick up a teksid, or aluminum 3v(if i decide to go that way) for next to nothing.

My wife is a realstate agent so money's sporadic, gotta watch the kiddos so unless ot comes along a second job is out. Big outage coming up, 20 days of 16 hrs straight should clear a nice paycheck. Thats cool hes gonna do that for you, seems like a straight up guy. When free time comes along, and theres stuff either of us want to do, or just to have a few ill invite you out. Got a nice garage set up too, so thats a plus.

Yea the auto part is really the only thing that truely kills it for me. But its so clean which can be hard to find up here in these parts. So no matter what you get you plan on changing out the motor or building it right away? Seems to be what you are leaning towards anyway. Which isnt a bad thing. A nice 4.6GT can be had for pretty cheap. Might be the easier way to go. Pretty close in price for mods too.

Yea hes a cool guy. I hangout with them semi often. Should be more, but thats my fault lol. Just had dinner with them last night.
That 20 day outing for your work seems like that should help out some! What line of work to have that kind of shift? Should be worth it though. Does your wife deal with only houses or does she do like condos/apartments and stuff as well?

I myself work for a closet company in Exton as well as The Beer Store in Malvern. The beer store being the side job.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Yea the auto part is really the only thing that truely kills it for me. But its so clean which can be hard to find up here in these parts. So no matter what you get you plan on changing out the motor or building it right away? Seems to be what you are leaning towards anyway. Which isnt a bad thing. A nice 4.6GT can be had for pretty cheap. Might be the easier way to go. Pretty close in price for mods too.

Yea hes a cool guy. I hangout with them semi often. Should be more, but thats my fault lol. Just had dinner with them last night.
That 20 day outing for your work seems like that should help out some! What line of work to have that kind of shift? Should be worth it though. Does your wife deal with only houses or does she do like condos/apartments and stuff as well?

I myself work for a closet company in Exton as well as The Beer Store in Malvern. The beer store being the side job.
Lol, yea i cant let anything alone for long, i either get bored with it or cant keep my mind from thinking what i could of done better. So 4.6 is the way i want to go, then build from there. I went to school for automotive, got a job at d'ambrosio dodge right out of high school.....and hated it. It was murder dude. I love to make things better, upgrades, performance, creating something awesome out of a turd....i love that. But fixing someone elses problems....no thanks. I dont care if you hear a little squeek pulling into mcdonalds, i cant get it to do it again! Turn the effing radio up louder.
Anyway now im a lead millwright at Arcelor Mittal Steel, fixing shit that the retards destroy cause they dont want to do anything that day lol....its a vicious circle.
My wife deals with any kind of realstate, even if all you wanted to do was rent her team would help find something.

A closet company?......have you seen the new place in exton up where the walmart and sams club is? World of beer.....550 beers on tap, 500 bottled on top of that? Everyone says its awesome.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
The 20 day long outage........i dont know if ill be able to work that many doubles in a row lol. They tend to beat us millwrights up, the electricians get it easy [MENTION=10188]white95[/MENTION] lol. We'll have to catch up one of these days shifty.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Lol, yea i cant let anything alone for long, i either get bored with it or cant keep my mind from thinking what i could of done better. So 4.6 is the way i want to go, then build from there. I went to school for automotive, got a job at d'ambrosio dodge right out of high school.....and hated it. It was murder dude. I love to make things better, upgrades, performance, creating something awesome out of a turd....i love that. But fixing someone elses problems....no thanks. I dont care if you hear a little squeek pulling into mcdonalds, i cant get it to do it again! Turn the effing radio up louder.
Anyway now im a lead millwright at Arcelor Mittal Steel, fixing shit that the retards destroy cause they dont want to do anything that day lol....its a vicious circle.
My wife deals with any kind of realstate, even if all you wanted to do was rent her team would help find something.

A closet company?......have you seen the new place in exton up where the walmart and sams club is? World of beer.....550 beers on tap, 500 bottled on top of that? Everyone says its awesome.

Yea if I had more moola I wouldnt be able to leave the car alone. Lucky i am learning and upgrading things in a better direction the first time instead of doing it just ok the first time then redoing it. But for right now only suspension is being done on the car, then interior. I want LTs and heads but i dont have the know how or $$ for that nonsense. Not that LTs dont seem to just be more time, but heads. Ha yea right.

I am sure the automotive knowledge helps you with your work now and obviously lets you properly work on your cars and keep cost down. But yea most noises people hear are things that dont matter and they are just paranoid. For the most part, if there is something really wrong. You will know it.

Like yesterday. Went into an on-ramp a little hot in my subaru(just taking a nice line lol) and I heard 2 loud bangs sort of like the sound you hear when springs are settling after putting on new ones on a car and lowering it back down. Of course i was worried as this was the exact spot my car tore its crank pulley in half a while ago and lost power steering lolz. But I just kept listening. Car didnt drive any differently. Got home looked under it. Saw some undercoating scraped off part of the frame under my seat. So I must have hit a big rock I couldnt see which is odd as nothing was in the road. But its not going to the mechanic to figure it out! lol

Yea I have heard of world of beer (150 taps i think). And my store has about 2900 kinds of beer(but its a bottle shop so it should! and 30 taps). Havnt gone yet. Have mixed reviews. Pour house has some hotter bartenders and such lol and nicer ones. If WOB isnt busy they can be good service wise, but helping you choose a beer I have heard most dont know what is or isnt still on tap or how to help you. The food I have heard is great, but i have seen a review or 2 that are scary. Its also bigger outside than inside. And can be deafening.
But at some point soon I will give it a try. Just havnt felt the need yet. Kinda waiting for the novelty to wear off and things to calm down with it. If that makes sense.
Its a cool concept and I dig it. Just feel they underestimated this location

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Hey uou wanna take on projects i can yalk you through it, or help or whatever. I know you got prokiller too. Ive heard good things about Poorhouse but dont make it out much lol. Everything is a novelty for a little while but WOB in this area....i dont know man lol these people around here love their beer.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Yea they do. Just waiting for it to die down from it being new before i go. But yea, people love beer, its near philly, and there is disposable income. its a good place. Just WOB needed bigger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online