Mid pipe question

07GtS197

Reaction score
Hey guys, you guys with stock manifolds and mid pipes, does your drivers side hang a lot lower than your passenger side? Mines really low and drags on the ground and Im only lowered 1.5". My buddys 04 gt is the same way but he actually bent a flange on a reflector... And my damn drivers side tailpipe keeps rotating and hitting my bumper so I got straight throughs to hopefully help. Anyone have the same issues?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
loosen up all the bolts on the pipe, set your stands in place to hold it up as high as you can and then tighten all the bolts back up.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Ill probably do that when Im off this wednesday. Im just pissed my exhaust keeps moving and the damn mid pipe is so low. Would new motor mounts do anything about the exhaust hanging so low on the one side?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes. worn out motor mounts could also be the culprit.

I've had the same issue with my tips too. Mine were slipping in the muffler because I was using a clamp that wasn't squeezing tight enough.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
How can I check the motor mounts? I was going to swap my stockers with a set of poly ones sooner or later but its starting to look like sooner now...

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
How can I check the motor mounts? I was going to swap my stockers with a set of poly ones sooner or later but its starting to look like sooner now...

VISUAL. Food for thought though, our cars are 15-20 years old. If they havent been replaced yet then they're probably due.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
You should get MM solid engine mounts! They will raise you up a little higher than stock replacements.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Im just going to pull the trigger on them now thanks. Im afraid solid mounts might make the nvh too much. I have polys in my 07 gt and its definitly noticeable.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You should get MM solid engine mounts! They will raise you up a little higher than stock replacements.

I've never seen solids that raised a motor. All the ones I've seen dropped it if anything.

But I also don't look at goofy mod mounts either!!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I've never seen solids that raised a motor. All the ones I've seen dropped it if anything.

But I also don't look at goofy mod mounts either!!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Ha! Goofy mod mounts. You should give up on the mustang and be a comedian! Lol. Really though, I think the are about the same height as brand new mounts but when I swapped my stock rubbers for the solids I probably picked the engine up about 3/4". Mine were wore out big time though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online