MikeSki's '95GT

MikeSki

Reaction score

This in my GT, I have had it for almost one year now. I found her on Craigslist only two hours away. I believed the seller once I arrived that it had not moved in two years since the wheels were sunk into the ground. I brought a battery since he said he didn't have one, then it needed three quarts of trans fluid, gallon of coolant, P/S reservoir was empty, and two cans of fix-a-flat. It cranked, I test drove it and I offered $850 and drove it home. He couldn't believe I was gonna drive it but I told him if it wouldn't make the trip I didn't need it anyway. It made the trip with very little problems other than trying to see the road.

OP
OP
M

MikeSki

Reaction score
Alternator took a dive on me, replace it, the belt and idler. In the neighborhood and had this stuff so decided to put it on too.

OP
OP
M

MikeSki

Reaction score
No pics, but next I added sportline springs, and new lower control arms. Started to get hot out and this fat guy don't like to sweat for no reason, went and got a compressor, drier and the lines. found out the condenser was plugged so had to replace it too. I discovered that the alternator plug was destroyed so had to repair that.

OP
OP
M

MikeSki

Reaction score
Now the damn thing is bouncing like I have hyrdos, found out Monroe shocks didn't like the new suspension geometry, and had to upgrade

My helper kept telling me I was in his way

Kilo70

Reaction score
You have been busy. Looks like you got a good deal.
I almost picked up one just like that 3 weeks ago. Missed it by one day.
I like that color.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk.

OP
OP
M

MikeSki

Reaction score
Thanks y'all, $850 was a damn good deal. Lost track of what I have spent since still have a few loose ends I wanna deal with before body work, but I do love this car.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
What a deal. You are making good progress. Keep it up. Don't forget about the full-length chassis braces, they should always be one of the first things you add to a Mustang. Good job thus far.

OP
OP
M

MikeSki

Reaction score
Thanks y'all. I definitely planned on subframe connectors, is that the same as full length braces? By sound of the name it sounds different

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online