MIL eliminators, rear O2 sensor requirements

HISSIN50

Reaction score
Hello,

I've got an easy one for your smart folks. On a 98 GT:

When installing MIL's on an O-R pipe, do the rear O2 sensors need to be installed in the O-R pipe (it does have rear bungs) or can the MIL's and O2's be zip tied outside of the OR pipe (the rear OR pipe bungs would be plugged)? I'm quite sure it's the latter (if there's no handheld tuner in play), but I wanted to be sure (the rear O2's would likely survive longer if they were not exposed to the environment inside the pipe, hence the question).

Thank you folks.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
How ever you decide to do it, just be sure the rear O2 bunged holes are plugged. If it were me, I'd just leave the rear O2's in and place the MIL inline. Zip tie them to something other than hot exhaust pipe

OP
OP
H

HISSIN50

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

Yeah, obviously the bungs would be plugged. I wasn't sure if the O2's needed to be installed in the exhaust [stream] or if the MIL elim's functioned properly with the O2's outside the exhaust.

We all know you never zip-tie wires to an exhaust - you use bailing wire for that. Duh. :)

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I just left the rear o2 sensors in when I deleted my cats and put the MIL eliminators on. I zip tied the connectors together because they don't seem to plug in quite far enough on their own and were throwing a code.

I had to put my stock H pipe on a while back to pass emissions and the rear o2 sensors worked fine.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

Yeah, obviously the bungs would be plugged. I wasn't sure if the O2's needed to be installed in the exhaust [stream] or if the MIL elim's functioned properly with the O2's outside the exhaust.

We all know you never zip-tie wires to an exhaust - you use bailing wire for that. Duh. :)

I prefer coat hangers but its all about whats around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99