Mils

96 GEETEE

Reaction score
ok i have a O/R X pipe on my car and i was wondering if i need them on, and the check engine light is off

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
your CEL will come on sooner or later due to the lack of cats. Some people have no prob with it ( i dont have a prob with my o/r h) but some people have said that thier car runs better with the MIL eliminators. its totally up to you.

M.O.E

Reaction score
96 GEETEE said:
do they go in the front or back MILS?

the Back, the ones by the mufflers. I put mil's on my cobra and they didn't work :nonono:

S

scarface

they didnt work on my 97...had to have my tuner cut them off.

OP
OP

96 GEETEE

Reaction score
the reason why they arent on is because the mechanic said that they would olny fit on one side of the mid pipe ( the left side) so he didnt bother putting them on does that mean that my o2 sensers are in the wrong spot

S

scarface

you have 4 o2 sensors. The MILs go on the rear two. one on the left side, one on the right.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
96 GEETEE said:
the reason why they arent on is because the mechanic said that they would olny fit on one side of the mid pipe ( the left side) so he didnt bother putting them on does that mean that my o2 sensers are in the wrong spot

that happened to me as well.. i just cut the tabs off and pluged the right side in

OP
OP

96 GEETEE

Reaction score
scarface said:
you have 4 o2 sensors. The MILs go on the rear two. one on the left side, one on the right.
yeah i know that hahahaha but they olny fit on the right side (front and back) not the left,

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
96 GEETEE said:
scarface said:
yeah i know that hahahaha but they olny fit on the right side (front and back) not the left,
mine would only fit on the left.. i think they got it mixed up :eek:

OP
OP

96 GEETEE

Reaction score
Vendetta said:
96 GEETEE said:
scarface said:
mine would only fit on the left.. i think they got it mixed up :eek:
thats what im thinking toooo. but ill play around with it and see what happends thanks

S

scarface

96 GEETEE said:
scarface said:
ohhhhhh...ok..duh on my end. Nip the tabs off the plug and use them. Ive done it two times now with no issues.

9psi 98

Reaction score
MIL eliminators work fine for me. I actually got through MD. emissions earlier today with my x-pipe on. Busting the tabs off of the MIL eliminators is required for them to work, it's easy.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
BEWARE OF DALLAS MUSTANG MIL'S! today mine went out and caused a short in the PCM, causing the relay and fuse to short out and blow, the car wouldn't even start. I pulled them out and replaced the fuse and it started up fine.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a new set of Steeda Mils 4 sale :)
I went through inspection today and my code never returned so i didn't need to put them in so if anyone is interested...i'm gonna make a thread in the classifieds.

9psi 98

Reaction score
Vendetta said:
BEWARE OF DALLAS MUSTANG MIL'S! today mine went out and caused a short in the PCM, causing the relay and fuse to short out and blow, the car wouldn't even start. I pulled them out and replaced the fuse and it started up fine.

Damn....I'm running the Steeda MIL's and they work fine. I keep them on there just so I don't have to worry about the CEL going off for a problem that I already know about. I was getting a code for "Bank 1 too rich" and I was really worried about getting through emmissions so I reset my ECU about an hour before going to the inspection station. I found that as long as I didn't downshift and engine brake then the light would stay off. I drove it like a pussy the entire way there and it never came on...thankfully :dancing6: My fiancee and I even went out for a beer afterwards to celebrate. :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online