Minitubbed 87 LX Build Thread

9838stang

Reaction score
I would love this car to build i love almost everything with this car! the stance the wheels and the paint! that engine bay is so smooth.... This car would look so sick with a BBF or a 2v or a 4v lol

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
After getting back from Mustang Week and getting to see the tremendous lack of foxes at the shows, I'm VERY motivated to get this car rolling. I rode in a buddy's fox while I was down there and it really gave me the fox bug again. There's something about the feel of a nastycammed pushrod hatch...

So while I was down there at the shows I placed an order with AJE for a K-member and control arms. Then today I got started on knocking out a few things that have been bothering me.

I spent nearly the whole day working on carpeting the hatch area. This stuff is so frustrating. But I got it about done and looking presentable. Not perfect, but presentable.

And I plastidipped the window trim that sticked out like a sore thumb. I'm painting a spare set of mirrors black as well.

More to come. The only thing that's holding up the engine build is the balancer bolt. That thing won't budge.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
BV_73019T_FRONT

you get this..... its for taking the time to fill every damn swiss-cheese hole in that engine bay. LOL.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Well, this is not the way I expected or hoped this thread would end. I handed over the keys to the new owner tonight. I posted a picture of the car on my instagram last night. This morning I have a message from a local guy saying he was interested in the car. I texted him, told him my price, and he agreed to it. He came by tonight and gave me the money and I handed over the keys and the title. He has big plans for the car, and I'm sure he will provide the car a much better home than I could've. He's planning on a turbo 4v swap. If the car is anything like the rest of their cars, it will make 1000+hp easy. I'm both happy and sad. I got what I wanted out of the car, yet I know I'll never have the opportunity to build such a nice fox again. Oh well, at least I got to enjoy the car for a little while, and the car is local so I'll get to see it all the time!

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Sorry to hear but it sounds like its going to a good home

Air ride time!?

Carnage281

Reaction score
I kinda bummed about the fox, but atleast it's going to a good home. Now I anxiously await the mighty supra.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell