"Miranda" RyanCess's 1998 Ford Mustang V6 Build (Nov 2015)

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Aww man! Just ship it! :D

They are so brittle and huge shipping them is a royal pain. I think late model makes a 2 piece one now though to cut down shipping costs.

Anyways, welcome aboard! If you need help with that 6, you have plenty of knowledge here for it.

Per the windshield, you almost should have waited till you got it sprayed to pull it. I know it's too late now though lol. Paint jobs come out much better with that seal out of the way.

Excited to see where this goes, and believe me, we understand the budget aspect of being a first timer.

Welcome!

OP
OP
R

RyanCess

Reaction score
Today I started the pesky little task or removing the horrid window tint that has been mocking me every time I try to look left or right lol. How I did it is I used steam from the iron to heat up the glue and tint and used a razor blade to peel off the tint.

P.S. If anyone knows how to disconnect the chime module direction on how to would be greatly appreciated:grin:

Took a little breakfast break lol :p

All done. I will do the passenger side tomorrow.

OHHHHH!! I almost forgot. I got a new battery too!

PinkieT

Reaction score
Nice breakfast - you're making me hungry! I got my spare cowl covers from a pull it yourself wrecking yard. They come out and install so much easier if you loosed the outside trim along the A pillars. I learned the hard way!

OP
OP
R

RyanCess

Reaction score
Got a couple goodies for Miranda in the past couple of days.

First I had to get a new battery terminal (kind of a goodie) cause my red one crapped out on me :(

Now to the goodies
1. New rear view mirror!! The old one was dark and I couldnt see anything out the back

2. New Antenna!! Old one made my car look like an RC Car

Also got my tags so I'm not riding around dirty anymore

apjones252

Reaction score
Love the project. You have any performance mods in mind for the beautiful Miranda?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RyanCess

Reaction score
Love the project. You have any performance mods in mind for the beautiful Miranda?

Thank you :) I actually do but I know that I want to keep it being able to pass smog. So for now my plans are to get a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust. Later on maybe a small supercharger?? This is my daily so I'd like it to be able to pass smog.

apjones252

Reaction score
Thank you :) I actually do but I know that I want to keep it being able to pass smog. So for now my plans are to get a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust. Later on maybe a small supercharger?? This is my daily so I'd like it to be able to pass smog.
That's understandable. I plan to do the same. I've only got the iac. Making sure she works good and codes clear before doing exhaust or throttle body. But coilpack, some wiring, headlights, wing wrap, and other body mods will probably go in along the way.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The cold air on the V6 will actually not do anything for performance. You are better off buying a KNN filter and removing the air silencer.

If you wanted a pretty cheap and easy gain you could do a split port swap and pick up about 40 horse.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Listen carefully to chewbacca, He knows his V6 stuff. ^

Catback exhaust would be a nice addition, any idea what brand you're looking towards?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I personally, as far as exhaust goes, recommend staying as quiet as possible. Get a factory cat back from a GT and get a custom H pipe made at an exhaust shop. If you insist on aftermarket, MAC's sound pretty good on the V6.

The louder you get, the worse they sound.

And believe me, as [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] said, I am not trying to be mean. Just brutally honest. I had to be that honest with myself when building my V6 (which I will get back to as soon as funds allow lol)

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you kindly. Im from a little town called West Covina about 22 miles east of Los Angeles.

yooooo..i used to live in baldwin park. Now i am in Montclair but you are still pretty local. And i am from ELA, LOL.

apjones252

Reaction score
The cold air on the V6 will actually not do anything for performance. You are better off buying a KNN filter and removing the air silencer.

If you wanted a pretty cheap and easy gain you could do a split port swap and pick up about 40 horse.
Yea figures the stock intake is almost less restrictive but it's a cheap good lookin mod so I'm not leaving out a cai, but thank you it's interesting to know they don't do much.

apjones252

Reaction score

I personally plan on going with the pacesetter long tubes, and raising my engine just a wee bit. Just trying to get performance exhaust mainly. Not worried about the noise. She already sounds great. Also i have never looked much into intakes. What's the air silencer? I'm pretty sure I can assume but for curiosity sake I'd like to know. Anyone with a v6 go with longtubes? What did you go with and what did you fit to em?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Alright, maybe I didn't say it clear enough. The cold air that people tend to get for the V6 can actually hurt performance. Typically they have a metal tube, and that tube gets warmed up by the motor, essentially negating any positive gains by drawing in "cold air"

The air silencer is a little rubber piece in the fender where the air filter is. You can pull it out in approximately 7 seconds. If you really want some "performance" drill a bunch of holes in the stock filter box and put the KNN drop in as I said earlier.

I have pace setter long tubes, fitted to a custom H pipe and one Mac muffler and one flowmaster. The cats melted from running rich so I knocked them out, otherwise I would have left them in to try to stay quieter and retain back pressure, because the long tubes kill the bottom end performance. My car also has an enormous cam and a half liter of displacement over yours so it sounds a lot different than yours would with a similar setup.

Trust me, keep it as quiet as possible.

If I were in your shoes, I would be looking for a set of split port heads and intakes and saving up for gaskets to throw all of that on and enjoy the performance of a stock 99+ v6.

OP
OP
R

RyanCess

Reaction score
No more School Bus shifter!
I Installed a short shifter installed into Miranda and so far I love it

I had a hard time doing this as some of you know but im glad i got it off :)

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't used one of those, however if it ever gives you trouble, always keep in the back of your mind, MGW will set me free ;p

OP
OP
R

RyanCess

Reaction score
Applied my windshield banner and removed my wing this week :D

And the wing. I put the bolts on so no water would leak through. I also think it looks pretty cool.

As she is now

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online