mirrors

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
my driver and passenger side mirrors are loose they tend to rattle when i have my music turned up or hit bumps.... anyone know how to tighten them???? :dunno:

thanks

96gt226410

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think that there are bolts on the backside. Most cars have them. I haven't had to tighten them on my Mustang yet, though.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
My driver side shakes like no other. I'm just lazy and haven't gotten behind the mirrors to see if I can tighten them.

OP
OP
L

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
94darkhorse said:
My driver side shakes like no other. I'm just lazy and haven't gotten behind the mirrors to see if I can tighten them.

i feel ya man, it's starting to get really annoying.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
just remove the mach460 tweeters or the black triangle piece, then there will be 3 bolts that hold on the mirror.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Any tips on exactly how to remove the black triangle piece? Squeeze it? or use a pry screwdriver etc? Thanks

Chet

Reaction score
Prise in a less noticeable spot and sort of squeeze, It'll eventually pop off. ;)

joekd

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
is there a way to remove the glass out of the mirror, or how is the glass mounted?

You are an admin and you bumped an almost 3 year old thread to ask this?!?!?!?!

Mustanger

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
is there a way to remove the glass out of the mirror, or how is the glass mounted?

Hey Matt...my drivers side fell out when I closed the door once last year. It was just held in by plastic molded clips in the center. If you move the mirror all the way to one side then grasp it & pull it will pop off. It has a pretty strong full length plastic backing on it so should not break doing this...I hope. LOL...I just center it & push firmly to put it back on...I use RTV sealant on the center clips to help hold it on & prevent wobbling. This all worked for me.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
joekd said:
Matt94GT said:

You are an admin and you bumped an almost 3 year old thread to ask this?!?!?!?!

Why make a new one if one already exists? Bumping old threads isn't against the rules its just annoying when someone does it for no reason at all.

joekd

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Why make a new one if one already exists? Bumping old threads isn't against the rules its just annoying when someone does it for no reason at all.

Not saying any rule was broken but the topic was made years ago asking if you can tighten the mirrors and he had a glass question

To me that is like bumping a thread about installing cat back exhaust to ask about long tubes. Still an exhaust topic but hardly the same thing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online