Misfires (bucks) at low rpm part-throttle

WifesBudget94GT

Reaction score
Well i did something stupid of course, i got everything running great. Monday morning drove to work without my spout plug in ( I forgot to put it back in when i was setting the timing) and the it started running like dogshit of course, I put it back in checked timing yadadada checked tps. So anyhow now the tps is set at .96 the timing is set at about 12 and it seems to misfire or buck at low rpm part throttle more commonly then when you are accelerating but it does buck sometime at higher speed (60-70 mph) with cruise on man, I've checked all the vacuum lines an stuff but I'm totally lost. Could you guys lead me in a direction to resolve this issue? oh yeah the cel doesn't light up either.

ryclef331

Reaction score
It never did any of this before you forgot about the spout? Double check the timing and make sure its 12 advanced and not retarded.

Eric_94cobra

Reaction score
Could be one of a million things in our cars. I just had to replace my distributor because of a similer problem (that cured it).

OP
OP
W

WifesBudget94GT

Reaction score
Yeah I rechecked the timing today, i reset it back to 10 degrees checked everything i could think of again. Got the card cleaner an sprayed for vacuum leak didn't find one. I was pondering the thought of the tps going bad, maybe its a plug or a wire but those are less then a month old also a new cap and rotor those are about 3 weeks old. That would really suck having to buy a new distributor but its a possibility.... hmm Ty guys for the help keep the suggestions coming will ya...

OP
OP
W

WifesBudget94GT

Reaction score
i ran a self-test an got a couple of codes during KOER --- 312 (R) AIR not diverting
--- 632 (R) E4OD - Transmission Control Switch (TCS) should be cycled once between engine ID - and Goose test
I only got the 111 during the KOEO test i dunno what the heck this really means any help guys?

OP
OP
W

WifesBudget94GT

Reaction score
Yes I am Ryclef persuaded me too, heck $5.00 insuarance is cheap.. In this part of oklahoma we only get 91 octane so that is what she gets.

OP
OP
W

WifesBudget94GT

Reaction score
figured out what the 632 code was for... I guess after it gives me the engine code i'm suppose to cycle the overdrive switch... I'm pretty sure, but hell i don't know.. lol

TripleBlack

Reaction score
i'm not a wizz with all this but is 91 high enough i always heard 93 no less

ripper

Reaction score
A missifre is electrical or no fuel. No spark or no fuel. It would ping if the octang was too low. Start with the basics. Pull all your plugs and look at them. Then check your wires for spark. Too many times I see guys jump way ahead and it turns out to be something simple. Theres just too many things it could be so you have to start eliminating them. Bad plug, bad wire, distributor, fuel injector, fuel pump. A washed out cylinder is just as bad as detonation.

M

musclemustang94

I had a smiliar problem with my GT, turned out to be a dirty MAF. You said you drove it with no spout in, you may have freaked out the computer. Try un-hooking your battery and resetting your PCM and then drive it for 50 miles and let it figure out the right fuel trims again. SN95 EEC4 is really really similar to having a teenage girl going through puberty controlling your engine, MOOD SWINGS MOOD SWINGS MOOD SWINGS! If that doesn't work, put an ignition scope on it and see if your timing is jumping around. If it is, could be the module, could be a bushing gone bad in the dist. I dnno what to tell you really, could be a million things lol. Sounds like spark to me.

OP
OP
W

WifesBudget94GT

Reaction score
i damn near checked everything except the fuel pressure, gonna have to do that... oh well i'm pretty muched stumped. Its doing alittle better but its still there ever so faint...

M

musclemustang94

If it is going away the more you drive it i bet your EEC just went EEEKKK

OP
OP
W

WifesBudget94GT

Reaction score
well tonight it seemed to come back alittle more like the timing was being retarted, damnit that would suck having to replace that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online