MIss my 96 Mystic Cobra to a 7.3 Powerstroke

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Damn I miss this car!

Been a long time working on it now but finally getting down to getting ready to shove my new used engine in this pig.
2000 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 6 speed, 38r garret turbo, 238x 100% Hybrid Injectors, full Fuel system by Strictly Diesel, custom tunes by Gearhead Automotive via Hydra chip.

Picked up a good compression, good running, non smoking engine a couple months ago with 206k on the clock. Been tearing it down and replacing all seals and such along the way. New Smith Brother pushrods, 910 comp springs, new valve seats, new injector cups, arp headstuds, fluid damper , International uppipes, and others I can't think of off top of my head.
Shooting for 500+ hp and 1000+ tq

Not the most up to date pic but have some more plans I hope to get to in the next couple months. Gonna be throwing on Ranch hand bumpers and maybe a single black stack in the bed.

OP
OP
ju015dd

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah , sold the mystic back in 2010 and picked up the powerstroke. Miss the cobra and can't wait to get another one of these years.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Damn I don't like mystics but yours looked clean! The saleens fit it so well. I also thought you were putting the 7.3 in the mystic lol! That would be crazy.

OP
OP
ju015dd

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Damn I don't like mystics but yours looked clean! The saleens fit it so well. I also thought you were putting the 7.3 in the mystic lol! That would be crazy.

Thanks man, yeah I spent wayyyy to much time keeping that car clean.

Here are a few transformation pics so far of my truck since I have had it.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Whats up Coy!!

I can't believe you sold the mystic. Is it still in Tally or did it go somewhere else?

OP
OP
ju015dd

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How's it going. Yeah I had a dumb moment and let it go when I should have let it stay in the garage. It went out to Midwest I believe.... Wanna say Arkansas area. Damn sure miss it but will get another one one of these years. How u been?

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Yours and bretts '01 droptop were always my fave on TMCA.

I catch your big champagne colored beast sometimes when i come into town on the north side.

But I'm doin' alright, still tryin' to keep the ponycar together lol.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
How's it going. Yeah I had a dumb moment and let it go when I should have let it stay in the garage. It went out to Midwest I believe.... Wanna say Arkansas area. Damn sure miss it but will get another one one of these years. How u been?
Sucks you let it go, I love mystics! Definitely rarely see em but oddly enough I saw one two years ago at a car show in Monroe, LA which is about 45 minutes away from my home in Crossett, AR. If I ever see it again I'll have to ask the owner where it came from, ya never know it's a small world!

OP
OP
ju015dd

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yours and bretts '01 droptop were always my fave on TMCA.

I catch your big champagne colored beast sometimes when i come into town on the north side.

But I'm doin' alright, still tryin' to keep the ponycar together lol.

Cool man, your stang is looking sweet too.

OP
OP
ju015dd

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sucks you let it go, I love mystics! Definitely rarely see em but oddly enough I saw one two years ago at a car show in Monroe, LA which is about 45 minutes away from my home in Crossett, AR. If I ever see it again I'll have to ask the owner where it came from, ya never know it's a small world!

It's very possible it was my car. I believe that is the area it went to.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
wow that thing was clean! those booty shots are :shocked:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online