MLS Headgasket question

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a question about a MLS Headgasket on a Ford 302. Motor wasn't ran with the gasket ,

I Torqued it down and realized when I moved onto the other head my stupid gasket scraper that I bought this past week the blade was backwards in it !!! ( it came pre assembled in the package I guess saftey precautions!)

So after every bad thought of what could happen or worrying myself to death about whether or not I missed a piece of the old gasket , I removed the head and go figure the surface looked great ! ( if I wouldn't have removed it would have blown up just because LOL!)

I gave TrickFlow a call ( maker of my gasket ) they said that the gaskets are reusable and if any of the black coating came off that I can spray it with the Copper gasket spray lightly and it will seal up just fine .

I bought the copper sealant stuff and sprayed the gasket on both sides and let it get tacky before I put it on the engine and torqued everything down and reapplied the sealant to the head bolts and ultra torque as well.

My question is has anyone ever did this before and were the results good for you ? This is my first time using MLS I know most Chevy guys spray the gasket with Hi temp silver paint to seal it .

Comments please Thanks!!

God Bless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Never done it but heard of some of my old friends doing it and never having any issues.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Ok that's good to hear. Appreciate your reply Thanks and God Bless !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.