MM Coil Over Spring Rates???

Discussion in 'Suspension and Brakes' started by Paul94gt, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Paul94gt

Paul94gt New Member

Ok, here is my situation.....

A few days ago the passenger side ball joint on my 94GT started singing a very squeaky tune. Sprayed it with WD40 and it immediately got nice and quiet. I have since priced out Ball Joint replacement vs. stock replacement arms. In both cases, the parts and labor involved put me right near a pair of MM Tubular Control Arms-

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Non-offset-Front-Control-Arms-1994-04-Mustang-P393.aspx

Since I already have their CC Plates and a brand new set of SA Koni Yellows waiting to go in, I am only a coil over kit away from being being done with the whole front end for the most part. The car has, as far as I know, either Motorsport B or C springs in it.

What is a good Coil Over Spring Rate for a street driven car that runs on crappy Southern New England roads? Should I stay right around 300lbs.?

I have every intention of calling MM tomorrow to get their advice. I am just curious what you folks may have experience with.

Once the front end is done, I am going to take care of the rear lower control arms and shocks. At that point(few weeks out) I will probably get a matching pair of rear springs if MM recommends it.

What say you all???

Thanks.

2. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

300# is what I have on my street car. Not too soft, and not too stiff.

10/10 would buy again

3. Paul94gt

Paul94gt New Member

Either 275 or 300lbs. is my hunch.

4. lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I got 350's up front. I haven't driven my car yet so I have not reports for you

5. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

I had 250# first but had an issue with the spring rubbing the threaded collar. MM replaced them with 300# springs but it hasn't seen much street time yet.

6. Paul94gt

Paul94gt New Member

I'm going with the 300lb. spring. Will be placing the order in a little while.

7. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I'd contact them and tell them your setup and needs. They're very helpful.

8. Paul94gt

Paul94gt New Member

Just ordered the Coil Over kit. Spoke with MM today about rates. They are going to contact me with a questionnaire regarding springs. So we will see what they recommend.

9. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

Just a heads up that questionnaire is lengthy and boring as hell. "Is your car blue? black? Plastidipped? How many girls do you drive in it at a time?"

Once I submitted it I was recommended a spring length, ordered them, installed them, and they were nowhere close to what I needed.

Sorry for the rant. Just my experience with mm Tech's.

10. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

MM overall does have great customer service but I've had experiences where I've talked to two different people and they recommend different things. That can be a little frustrating.

11. B.mad

B.mad Well-Known Member Preferred Vendor

I got the 375# up fronts, but im still piecing my kit together so no report. My experience with MM is always speak to Jack. Mark is, not as helpful as Jack. I pretty much have my suspension setup figured out and jack help with that too.