MM Shock Review/Information

drewsky121

Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing well, but I have a few questions about MM shocks.. basically, has anyone ran them before? Google is not coming up for much of anything in regards to their shock/strut and I want to know if they are truly a bargain or my money is better off spent on Koni/Tokico/etc. They are about $50 cheaper than the Yellow single adj, which is what I currently have on the car, but it appears that the internals were damaged as I have fluid steadily leaking out of the top of my shock (out of the adjuster).

Any words, advice, knowledge that could be shared? Thank you in advance!

Andrew

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Cant really speak to the performance of the MM Shocks/Struts however I do believe you can send your Koni's in and have them rebuilt for a fraction of the cost when compared to purchasing new.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How did you like the shocks before? I am putting on MM's on the rear this week as a coilover so nothing to add here for at least a month. I have Tokiko Illumina's as my coilover in the front but they are 15 years old and the adjusters just spin around so I have no idea where i'm at for settings. I am thinking of going to the Koni non adjustable in the front because my coilover kit will fit them and to get rid of one more variable that I will not need to play with. You likeky?

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
The MM struts/shocks are just bilsteins that MM re-valved for higher springs rates. If you are not looking to track the car (which i doubt because of the category of the question) than you can just get some regular Bilsteins. The biggest advantage the Koni yellows have over the MM/bilstein is the adjustability. Other than that they are pretty much the same quality. However, people reported saying that the bilsteins have better ride quality than koni. I am getting my MM sport valved struts/shocks installed with the coilovers. I can let you know how it feels, but the only thing i can compare them to is koni orange.

hotmustang95

Reaction score
I ran the Bils for years with conventional springs on and off track. They came highly recommended when I started asking around about which shocks and struts to upgrade to. They did not disappoint. I know run the Koni yellows with MMs coil overs. No complaints here again. I do like that I can adjust the yellows to soft for street use and stiff for track. Also they were way cheaper then the Bils. I did take advantage of a big sale on them recently. You'll be fine with either. Me, since I already had the Bils for years I said screw it. Lets give the yellows a shot.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
i was actually the opposite. I had Konis, but the STR.T ones, and wanted bilstein. The other advantage is that Koni's go on sale throughout the year, so yes the Koni's can be bought for cheaper. But not on sale, i think bilstein HD are cheaper and go up in price depending how they are valved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online