Mod Max Racing? and Compression ratio help for new motor.

GT3FC

Reaction score
Hey y'all, lookin at buying a short block with a forged rotating assembly from mod max racing. I was wondering if anyone has ever don business with them or used their brand parts. If so what did you think of them? (here's the one I'm looking at: http://www.modmaxracing.com/product_p/99525246.htm). Also I am planning on throwing a novi 2000 on this engine and I was looking at compression ratios. the options with the supplied packages are 12.14:1, 10.53:1, and 9.40:1. Everything that I have seen supports the 9.40:1 cr being the one I would want (I am searching for about 550hp to the rear wheels with room to grow if I feel the need to later on) anyone willing to weigh in on the cr issue and let me know what you think? also this motor will more than likely see nitrous (on top of the 550hp) when I think about the nitrous I'm not entirely sure what to do with the compression ratio. In short any help with the CR and also reviews of the company mod max racing and/or their products would be awesome.

also I would like to add this will be a DD and will need to run on 91 octane pump gas.