Modifing the coolant pipe for the vortech sc

gnx547

Reaction score
For the Vortech sc, I modified the coolant pipe and I don't see how the heater hose will fit? There is no room at all for the hose to go through. Am I missing something here? Do I need to cut more of the heater pipe off? Or do I just run a heater hose from the firewall to the water pump? For those who have the Vortech, what did you do? Do you have any pics?

34qmp3b.jpg

1ekhl5.jpg

2qsa3go.jpg

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
When I installed mine, judging by your picture I cut just a little more off than that. It also makes it a little easier if you install that hose before the alternator (it runs right next to the alternator), then when you're lining up the alternator just 'push' the heater hose to the side and bolt it on. It is a tight fit around there, and I thought about modifying that coolant pipe so that it would exit at a better angle, but it ended up working out ok.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
You don't use that line no more. The cut was to clear the alternator. You're supposed to run a piece of heater hose instead..

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
So you don't have that hose connected to the modified metal line? Can I just cap it off?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
You have to undo both sides off that line so it does not matter..

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
Is this the correct way for the heated hose to be routed?

2h6veaa.jpg

2vcao1e.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just cut mine the other week and went back about a 1/4" further then they recommended and it should give just enough space.

joesgt281

Reaction score
Is this the correct way for the heated hose to be routed?

2h6veaa.jpg

2vcao1e.jpg

Never saw the final outcome of this question. I'm wrestling with the same thing. Vortech's instructions are pitiful on this subject, from the pump all the way to the firewall.
How'd you end up doing yours?
Or can anyone else weigh in here?
Thanks

joesgt281

Reaction score
Can I get some clarification Mr. Crumbs.....?
In the top pic it looks like the hose runs between the blower and the alt.
In the bottom pic it looks to run between the t-stat housing and the alternator.
Can you clarify that?

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
Can I get some clarification Mr. Crumbs.....?
In the top pic it looks like the hose runs between the blower and the alt.
In the bottom pic it looks to run between the t-stat housing and the alternator.
Can you clarify that?

You have it hooked up right. The hose you're seeing on top is the hose that comes off of the TB and runs into the fender well. It's Vortech's answer to the pcv and solving "blow-by" (doesn't work by the way, I still have blow-by issues. Sorry was a crap pic. You're running it correctly and yes I had to cut the metal coolant line some to make room for the alternator relocation.

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
I got mine connected and here are some pics. The only problem the hose is to close to the belt and if the engine is running sometimes the vibration moves the hose against the belt and it will rub and it won't stay put. Does anyone have this problem?

mkb3pw.jpg

14b4901.jpg

xg9jrq.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
take a flat piece of scrap sheet metal and cut it into a 4" strip with a hole in it. Wrap it with some electrical tape to prevent rubbing. Remove the bolt in the bottom triangle alternator mount in the picture and put it through the hole you drilled in the piece and then remount the bolt. Leave the strip hanging down and maybe bend it into an arc so it will keep it from moving out.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
I think i know what it is. I think your alt is sitting to far inward towards the motor. Can you back the top bolt off some so the alt can move fwd just a tad? Look at my pic of the full engine and zoom in on the top bolt of the alt relocation bracket.

Don't Sext and Drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online