Modular guys, check out this video

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Watch "Super Car Mega Factories Koenigsegg Full Length D…" on YouTube
Super Car Mega Factories Koenigsegg Full Length D…: http://youtu.be/OVD4xHEY0d4

The video is a history documentary of koenigsegg and production. The entire video is a good watch but im picking out a section of video describing the engine build. We modular guys can appreciate this one! The section starts around 20minutes in. Notice the engine block and crank! The crank is a crossplane and doesnt appear to be a coyote crank. The block is a unconfirmed modular aluminum koenigsegg specific make(they did state using a Ford based 5.0l engine in their cars) I havnt seen the heads in any of their videos but did see cams laying on a bench and they have a striking resemblance of 4v cams. Enjoy!

Carnage281

Reaction score
If I'm correct, they have always used ford engines. I know on of the first Koenigseggs came with the 99 cobra engine. I wouldn't be surprised if the new 5.0 with the flat plane crank is the same engine ford is putting in the new GT350. I'm not sure, but I think the koenigsegg one uses a coyote.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea koenigsegg uses Ford mod motors and the agera R is hands down my favourite car out there it replaced the ccxr from before . The amount of engineering in these cars is ridiculous . Not to mention have you seen how fast it can do 0-300-0

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I love the blowers i love the doors and i love the motors.... i love those cars.... i remember when the stig crashed one on Topgear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.