Modular guys, check out this video

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 96blak54, Oct 15, 2014.

1. 96blak54

96blak54 Legend

Watch "Super Car Mega Factories Koenigsegg Full Length D…" on YouTube
    Super Car Mega Factories Koenigsegg Full Length D…: http://youtu.be/OVD4xHEY0d4

The video is a history documentary of koenigsegg and production. The entire video is a good watch but im picking out a section of video describing the engine build. We modular guys can appreciate this one! The section starts around 20minutes in. Notice the engine block and crank! The crank is a crossplane and doesnt appear to be a coyote crank. The block is a unconfirmed modular aluminum koenigsegg specific make(they did state using a Ford based 5.0l engine in their cars) I havnt seen the heads in any of their videos but did see cams laying on a bench and they have a striking resemblance of 4v cams. Enjoy!

2. Carnage281

Carnage281 Active Member

If I'm correct, they have always used ford engines. I know on of the first Koenigseggs came with the 99 cobra engine. I wouldn't be surprised if the new 5.0 with the flat plane crank is the same engine ford is putting in the new GT350. I'm not sure, but I think the koenigsegg one uses a coyote.

3. Musturd

Musturd Legend

Yea koenigsegg uses Ford mod motors and the agera R is hands down my favourite car out there it replaced the ccxr from before . The amount of engineering in these cars is ridiculous . Not to mention have you seen how fast it can do 0-300-0

4. D3VST8R96GT

D3VST8R96GT Well-Known Member

I love the blowers i love the doors and i love the motors.... i love those cars.... i remember when the stig crashed one on Topgear