Momo steering wheel horn switch

solis

Reaction score
hi guys who has installed a momo steering wheel?
how did you wire the horn switch? i used the lmr/am how to to install the steering wheel, but they had no wiring info.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Interested! Im tuned in. Ive been poking at the idea of an aftermarket steering wheel.

Come on guys post up!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
338600a6e325be3b117313b3468c12a5.jpg

Put that in your window. Problem solved.

Your welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
Who's steering wheel adapter did you use?

Jake

I used the momo adaptor, I also have a foxbody 2 prong horn switch.
I bought the switch thinking it was going to be the same, i have to switch or crimp the lockspring connector.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't say I have ever seen an aftermarket wheel on an sn that looked good enough to make me consider it. I think its normally the difference in size between the steering column to the center of the wheels that throws it off. The columm always looks 2x or 3x bigger then the wheel and just looks funky. I have seen more then a few stock wheels wrapped that looked a 100x better then the stock wrap and a few times better then any aftermarket wheel.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
This momo wheel looks great, I really like it. I had a sve fr500 wheel but it was unsafe, it was rotating on the shaft.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
Which one? If it was rotating then it probably was not installed correctly

i had the one from lmr, It was installed correctly. Let me rephrase that, the wheel was rotating on the press fit bushing that goes into the shaft. The wheel is not completely solid.

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I used the momo adaptor, I also have a foxbody 2 prong horn switch.
I bought the switch thinking it was going to be the same, i have to switch or crimp the lockspring connector.

Its been awhile since I put mine on. I know how I did it. It was not a simple process so everything including the cruise control worked again. I don't think I can help you out too much since I never tried to use a Fox horn switch in my conversion.

Jake

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
Its been awhile since I put mine on. I know how I did it. It was not a simple process so everything including the cruise control worked again. I don't think I can help you out too much since I never tried to use a Fox horn switch in my conversion.

Jake

I just want the horn to work for safety inspection purposes here in TX, once I move back to San Diego CA I won't need it. I knew I was going to loose cruise control, all I want is the horn to work.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You might want to double check then removing the air bag in some places will also make it fail inspection.