More money more problems? Or a good idea...

Treshan

Reaction score
Ok well I love my sn95 and I have plans for her. I just got a great job and I can finally steadily mod her how I want :$... She's as straight as an arrow, but I'm worried about downtime and things breaking once I start putting power mods on. I guess what I'm getting at is I need some pros and cons to upgrading to a coyote, monthly payments kinda bug me. So if anyone here has upgraded to a new 5.0 or has both let me know the pros and cons! I'm on the fence and I need some help.

(Yes I know I could cam/force induction and reinforce the engine and walk a stock 5.0 but that would take a year or two)

592f96cdc1ca4963680bd5be7f105620.jpg

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Buy an affordable daily driver that has cheap monthly payments or you can pay cash for. Having a performance modded car is great, but you'll find annoyances that make it a great daily driver sometimes annoying.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
plan your build in sections and your down time can be minimal. If you build a separate engine that helps even more.

OP
OP
T

Treshan

Reaction score
Buy an affordable daily driver that has cheap monthly payments or you can pay cash for. Having a performance modded car is great, but you'll find annoyances that make it a great daily driver sometimes annoying.

But I'm 23 and have a phone bill/insurance no kids no dog and I want to go fast... Comfort is never going to matter to me until I have a child. Love the rough go kart ride I have now with my coilovers <333

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Treshan

Reaction score
plan your build in sections and your down time can be minimal. If you build a separate engine that helps even more.

Never thought of it this way, I'd love nothing more but to walk those kids in their parents coyote, with a little old sn95 >:)

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Idk what would break. I have a HCI 5.0 and I beat the ever loving shit out of it. Bang gears all the time, hard launches off the 2 step. Its my daily. Never had an issue. My opinion, bc I'm looking at a coyote for a daily too... build the SN95, you'll appreciate it more. I know I do and I don't regret my build at all even knowing I could have a coyote right now.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Besides, coyote would mean monthly payments, and I bet insurance would be expensive too

Thomas_W

Reaction score
But I'm 23 and have a phone bill/insurance no kids no dog and I want to go fast... Comfort is never going to matter to me until I have a child. Love the rough go kart ride I have now with my coilovers <333

Oh i dont even mean that stuff. I mean the days the car decides to be tempermental. Or you get the car how you want it and dont want to drive it in crappy weather.
Those nights the significant other decides they sont want to ride the rattle trap, etc.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Live within your means, great paying jobs don't always last so my best advice when it comes to vehicles is pay cash... Either pay cash for an upgraded vehicle or pay cash for go fast parts. I have more fun wrenching on my older vehicles than I would making a monthly payment.....

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, speaking from experience here. If you plan on doing a lot of mods, then get another car. Meaning, don't have just the one. If you want to DD your Mustang, and do all kinds of mods, get a beater that you can drive in a pinch if you don't get your mods done over the weekend. Or, buy a nice DD, and keep the Mustang as a "weekend" car - that you can drive everyday if you want. Nothing is worse than the feeling of having to "rush" through a mod because the car has to work Monday morning. Except maybe car payments. But you can get some fun, reliable cars for not too much money.

DFG_magic

Reaction score
Keep your SN, build it and have fun with it. Buy a point A to B-eater to utilize as a daily. Wait till you are truly in a position financially to purchase a new 5 liter. Like others have mentioned, it's not gonna be cheap with insurance and of course the monthly payment. Not to mention you are going to want to mod the shit out of it. It just sounds like a big money pit unless you are paying cash for the car and will immediately have a title in hand.

neverenuff

Reaction score
Nice car! Mods are the best part of the hobby, seeing and feeling the mods are by far where the fun is. New cars are great too, but with higher insurance and payments it's a lot harder to mod.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hill x 21

Reaction score
+1 to getting a decent daily and leaving the Stang a toy. Driving modded was fun at first in my H/C/I/E 96 GT but shit got old quick. Bought a truck and even when something broke or went sideways I still appreciated the SN for what it was. If I had gotten a Coyote instead of my '65, the insurance difference alone was close to $160 a month full cover. Affordable? Yes. But if I'm spending $300+ a month on insurance it's either going to be a 335i or GTR haha.