motor comparison...

kevin90lx

Reaction score
so i have a buddy that is going to sell his wife's car and we were thinking about trading motors, mine plus some cash for his wifes, before he does. The car is a clean '91 white coupe with a/c and a good trans and rear end. They want to get about $6000 out of it. my question is this, what do you guys think is a reasonable amount of cash for the exchange that would keep us both happy? Or in other words, what would you pay for the car with the 347 vs. the car with the 302? Here are the motors:

Hers
CHP 347
Edelbrock Performer Heads
Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake
TFS 1 cam
Pedestal Mount 1.7 Roller Rockers
15k miles

Mine
Stock short block rebuilt with all Federal Mogul/ARP Stuff
GT-40P Heads (milled 30 thousandths)
Edelbrock Performer Intake with ported lower
Custom FTI Cam
Stud Mount 1.6 Roller Rockers
8k miles

No dyno on either. Let me know if you think you need more info...Thanks

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about trading JUST motors right? Since there the ones wanting to do the trade...asumming for a better DD and cheaper gas then you have the upperhand I would offer $1,500 ontop?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
The big thing I think is the stroker short-block, the heads play a small part here also. Matt's advice of offering 1500 sounds good to me, it just depends on how bad you want it, assuming it runs good (no problems with the engine) it would save some hassle in you getting a motor like that on you own meaning getting all the parts together and assembling them when its already put together and accessible to you right now.

wytstang

Reaction score
If you plan on adding a power adder I would pass if they are using a stock block. But if you plan on staying n/a then 1500 sound fair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online